“Fun atmosphere, Tim is the best!”

Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #82 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A meal at The Old Spaghetti Factory is an experience. We invest meticulous attention to our decor so our guests feel as though they're stepping into another world. Every location is adorned with antique lighting, intricate stained glass displays and an old-fashioned trolley car that doubles as a dining hall. Nearly every item on The Old Spaghetti Factory's menu is made on-site, from scratch, using fresh ingredients. Unlike most restaurants, when you order our entrees, we serve you a complete meal, which includes bread, soup or salad, and dessert. And with our famous kid's menu, special treats and fun activities, we encourage families to feel at home in our restaurants. The Old Spaghetti Factory is still family owned and operated and we welcome your family to join ours for a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Went for a family birthday dinner. None of my four kids (age 10-20) had ever been, so I thought it was time to introduce them to a Toronto landmark. They were thrilled with the unique decor. The service was excellent. Tim was our waiter. He entertained us with his unique personality, magic tricks and fun bits of trivia. I think he's been there a long time. What an asset. Oh yeah, food! The meals were all thoroughly enjoyed. I got a taste of most of them. Cheese tortellini in pesto cream, meat lasagna, spaghetti in clam sauce, minestrone soup, Caesar salad, fettuccine Alfredo. The food is good. I'd say better than Italian chain restaurants but not as good as some Italian I've had. Overall, The Old Spaghetti Factory met our culinary expectations and exceeded our entertainment and fun expectations!

Spaghetti_Factory_TO, Guest Relations Manager at Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for the great feedback. We're so happy to hear that you had a great time during your recent visit. We'll be sure to share you feedback with the whole team. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Old Spaghetti Factory

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Novotel City Centre and across the road was the Old Spaghetti Factory. We ventured there one day for lunch and our waiter arrived his name was Antony. Keep this name in your mind and go there for a meal. He is a Liverpudlian, with the nicest nature and best personality for a waiter you could ever hope to have attend you. Then came the drinks and food. Fabulous . All food is served with bread and a choice of spreads. Price is very very reasonable for what you receive. Over a 7 day period we ate there five times and every time service was optimum as was food and value. We can''t recommend this restaurant too highly. Give yourself a treat and go there for a meal and ask to be attended by Antony. You will love everything and you will also have fun.

Spaghetti_Factory_TO, Guest Relations Manager at Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

We love getting feedback and are glad you enjoyed your visits. I've shared you feedback with our entire team. Thanks again for including us in your travel. You're welcome back anytime!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

When I first stepped into the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was that the interior is incredibly beautiful. It had a variety of different Torontoian historical relics. The prices were a bit expensive for an unemployed university student, but the food was DEFINITELY worth it. The amount of food they give for the amount of money you pay for is worth every cent. I tried my friend's grilled chicken breast with spaghetti and it was cooked so well, when you take a bite out of it, the flavour engulfs your senses and the texture of the food is absolutely perfect. I recommend the dish.

The service was excellent, the waitress that helped us gave us more bread and even more cheese for our spaghettis (they literally don't stop until you tell them too!). She was incredibly nice and down-to-earth, and even told us about a promotion that they were going to have in November.

I highly recommend this restaurant, it's a great place to dine if you're looking for great quality of food.

Thank you for the feedback and review. We're glad that you had a good time and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have been going to this Restaurant for almost 40 years, dating, engagement, we've even taken our grandchildren there. So, was excited to be staying across the way at the Novotel for a concert at the ACC and get to go to our what use to be one of our favourite places to eat in downtown Toronto. Not so much anymore. Décor has not changed, menus missing some of our favourites and portion sizes have decreased and prices have increased. I know inflation is part of the reason but this visit was certainly an eye opener. The staff was friendly but our waitress was not the "brightest bulb there" keep bringing us stuff we did not order and had the nerve to charge us for it. But, will admit, service was fast, food was good (but not the greatest). Definitely did not compare to years gone by.... disappointed....

Spaghetti_Factory_TO, Guest Relations Manager at Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

We're sorry to hear that your most recent visit did not meet the type of experience that your previous ones did. We appreciate the feedback and would like to you contact us so that we can discuss in further the details of your visit. Please email us at info@oldspaghettifact.net. Thanks, CAI

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've been coming here since my hippie days. Back then, it wasn't so busy and the wait staff would chat with you because they were young and enjoying the city too. You could bing a date and the bill for two was about $5! Life was good.
Now some things have changed. On Saturday night when we visited, it was very busy., But everything else was the same...same great antiques and replicas, same carousel and streetcar, and best of all, the same great food. Everyone in Toronto knows the Spaghetti Factory and the great food. I love the warm bread, the tasty salad, and the spumoni ice cream. The coffee is great, but the spaghetti tastes like home. I will never tire of this place if I live for another 40 years!
If you haven't tried it (hard to believe), make a family outing of it. Kids love it too.

Spaghetti_Factory_TO, Guest Relations Manager at Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to review your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.