“Perfect food and wine in an expensive but relaxed atmosphere.”
Review of North 44

North 44
Ranked #635 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Sherwood
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I had not visited North 44 for a few years as they had a pompous attitude. I went back in December 2013 as it was a convenient location. and it was fantastic - both food and great service. I went back (long overdue) in May 2014 and the food was again exceptional from salads, wine list, main courses. and dessert. In fact, this was the best fresh Tuna I have had in Toronto! The waiter was very helpful but after being served not that attentive. All in all I will go back over the summer as the food is great!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Bison , Marrow bones to be scraped and dripped on to toast, succulent lamb, moist tasty chicken, but (I suspect sous vide cooked which always gives chicken an odd texture) , but this is true fine dining, a good restaurant where the food has real flavor, brought by exemplary service. I don mind occasional expensive treats if its good, and here did not disappoint

1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Every time Winterlicious comes around I can't help but want to try new places. I chose North 44 because I've heard the food is excellent. The menu looked delicious and the choices were all great. Once we ordered our food it didn't take very long for the first dish to arrive. Since I waited all day for that meal, I was pretty happy. The second course took a bit longer but perfection always takes time. This meal was nothing short of fabulous. Although the portions are a bit smaller I was still full at the end of it. I would definitely go back again!

1  Thank LoveTwinsandTravel
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Venue: I organised a corporate meeting there and it was amazing. They have a private suite upstairs , really private with a nice bar. Its clean and chic!

Service: great service I was in contact with Garth and Elaine and they answered all my questions! The waiters did a great job!

Food: wow! We got the winter menu and it was awesome!
The grapefruit mesclun salad had a delicate seasoning. The steak was cooked perfectly and the dessert was delicious (brownies).

A special comment on the latte AMAZING with raw Brown sugar and candied orange peel!

Definitely a good choice if you are looking to a place for a meeting.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

the food is good, however, I believe that they are a bit pricey. Valet parking is provided, parking is hard to fine. Good variety of selection on food menu, good wine list. Service is good, attentive to your needs. I would only go on special occasions, not a everyday restaurant.