“Excellent North Indian food”
Review of Mt. Everest Restaurant - CLOSED

Mt. Everest Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We live very close and drive by all the time, this little hidden gem is well worth it. We bought a group on which was excellent value and love the food and portion size, North Indian can be very spicy but lots of flavours and spices. great service too!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have driven past their Eglinton location for years and always wanted to go. I like trying new things and had no idea what Himalayan food was. I jumped when they popped on Groupon.

I did not expect Himalayan food to be so close to Indian cuisine. I thought it would have more of an Oriental influence. That makes this review tricky. You should visit Mt Everest if you already like like Indian food and want to try Nepalese variations. However, there are better Indian restaurants in Toronto if your palate can't distinguish subtle differences.

The service is excellent. Our waiter was never far away and they clear tables quickly. There are windows to the kitchen in the back so you can see the staff work under clean conditions.

The atmosphere is a little disappointing. This could be any western restaurant with linen napkins and waiters in little bow tie / black and white outfits. Apart from Indian music and paintings with sherpas, this could be Mama's Italian eatery or Le Francais Bistro.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I tried the Himalayan food at the new location on Eglinton Ave. E, and I was underwhelmed. It was fine, but nothing special, and not worth the price they were charging, IMO. I have not had the Indian food there, so I can't comment about that, but I won't be back again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my favorite Indian restaurant in the annex. Good lunch buffet, staff is friendly and helpful. Recommend the chicken curry, quite tasty.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We used a voucher to try this restaraunt and were very happy. The service was prompt, water never empty and the food was fantastic. We started with the momo chicken. Main was butter chicken and the chefs platter with garlic naan bread, which we shared. We will defiantly be back.

1  Thank Photobug07