“Decent Food - poor atmosphere”
Review of Mr Greenjeans Restaurant - CLOSED

Mr Greenjeans Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this reataurant. I ordered the Fish and Chips. The fish was decent and I enjoyed the fresh cut fries. My children ordered an Oreo milkshake that they enjoyed. It was different than milkshakes I am used to - more milky - not very thick.

I have to say that I was not impressed with the atmosphere. I think that they are trying to have an 'old' look... But I think that they have used it as an excuse to let the place go. There were pipes in the upstairs that were taped up (looked like they would fall apart). Bathrooms were poor... Soap dispensers did not work. Generally in poor shape.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went to this restaurant over March Break for lunch with my son. Im not sure if this place is always busy but there was a line up to get in. Luckily, it moved fast. I havent been here in years (since early 90's) so didnt really know what to expect. I remember huge milkshakes and they were so good. When we were being seated, we were told they were out of ice cream. Huge let down for my son because I raved about the milkshakes and told him he can get one with lunch. Service was good, friendly waitress, attentive. Food came fairly quickly despite the large crowd. My son ordered the adult chicken fingers which were huge pieces of chicken and mashed potato-2 huge scoops. My son was happy with the food. They were not shy on their servings either. I had the chicken club which was bland, no sauce on it just tomato, lettuce and chicken, so i had to ask for chipotle sauce. I ordered a salad with it and there was no choice of dressing except for balsamic which was fine. The sandwich was quite large and the salad was a good size too. My meal was just alright tasting-nothing exceptional.
As we were coming to the end of the meal, we noticed our next table got a milkshake...so we asked our waitress and their ice cream shipment just came in. So we ordered a banana chocolate shake with whip cream and this did not disappoint. It was huge and my son could not finish it, so i stepped up to the plate to help out :) and it was only $5. I thought the menu was a bit pricey but with the portion size made up for it.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

When my husband and I went to Greenjeans we had the worst service. We were shoved into a corner table and ignored for the first 15 minutes before anyone came to take our drink order. Then the waitress forget to come back to take our food orders after just dropping off our drinks and running off! When she did get back she stank of smoke (must have rushed off for a smoke break). The food took forever to arrive and was okay but not worth the wait.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Waited 45 minutes for dinner with half the restaraunt empty. If you expect your water with a lemon or lime wedge it's not here. Drinks are $9 each but I guess it is the Eaton Centre downtown Toronto.
My wife and I aren't meat and dairy eaters so finding anything here is a huge challenge. Even the veggie burger has both cheese and mayonnaise ugh

1  Thank Kparidy
Reviewed March 9, 2013

A nice airy, sunny restaurant with ample space at the tables. The server was very accomodating and the meal delivered in reasonable time at the correct temperature. Food was quite tasty and a large portion. We lingered after eating and there was no move to push us out even though it was a busy lunch hour. They are on the 4th level of the Eaton Centre at the North end.