“Worse than fast food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miller Tavern

Miller Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Miller Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,120 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Yonge & York Mills
Transit: We are located just south of the York Mills Subway stop on the Yonge TTC Subway Line
Description: We are an upscale casual restaurant with a fabulous Steak and Seafood menu....as well as yummy comfort food and delicious Pub fare. We offer an all day casual menu on both levels. Multiple TV's in the lounge/bar area - and plenty of cozy booths in the dining room upstairs.
Toronto
“Worse than fast food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went to this restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday. Have to say first off that the service was excellent in this restaurant, could not make up for the horrible food. The sauces felt like it came from a can. We had the lamb poutine, the fries were not made from fresh potatoes. then went on the mixed platter and that was not made well either. The entrees not up to par. One friend had the seafood and his words were 'you could have thrown it against a wall'. I shared the ravioli and was quite excited to order it. The sauce literally tasted like the children's sauces in the spagettio's.
Was expecting much better from this restaurant. Would never ever return!!

Toronto
“Expected It To Be Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Convenient spot to meet a friend for lunch, especially because they provide adequate parking. The covered second floor patio is airy and offers a treetop setting. The menu was a bit pricey but varied. I ordered the sole but was disappointed. In addition to a few pieces of sole that wasn't really hot, the dish was almost overwhelmed by peas, chickpeas, and corn plus something I didn't recognize. My friend's curried chicken was too spicy for her. Since the menu was so varied, I'm sure I could have found something more to my liking and may go back to try something else. If I do return, I will ask for a table in a quieter spot. It was difficult to converse because of the noise from people sitting at other tables.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, good service and oh so convenient!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We live within walking distance and rarely visited. But recently I had a delicious lunch and later watched the semi-finals of the World Cup, with a lively crowd in the bar area, fun.. Good food, great service and priced just right!
Oh almost forgot to mention one of their summer drinks, the Floradora, really yummy, hic!

Markham
“Arguably the worst service we received in ages”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Had been there a few times some years ago so we thought we'd take two out-of-town guests there. 15 minutes sitting, waitress shows up saying 'I had no idea you were sitting here!.' - meanwhile we were right across the bar. Took a good 20 minutes to get the drinks, food itself was rather good, but the kicker was when I ordered a dozen oysters, counted them being 9 full shells and one flat empty shell. When I asked the waitress to make sure I am not charged for 12, her response was : I thought I counted 12. as if I put shells in my pocket. Ended up billing us for 10! Didn't bother to argue but it is little things like this that makes you want to write a bad review and never go back there. Waiting for her to bring us the bill, found her chatting with another table for a good 15 minutes and deliberately avoiding eye contact with us. No matter how good the food is in any restaurant, service is king. This is how you lose clients.

• Visited June 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice meal would definitely recommend.. Very nice steaks, although a little pricey but definitely worth a visit and very friendly helpful staff. ..