“Great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miller Tavern

Miller Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Miller Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,094 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Yonge & York Mills
Transit: We are located just south of the York Mills Subway stop on the Yonge TTC Subway Line
Description: We are an upscale casual restaurant with a fabulous Steak and Seafood menu....as well as yummy comfort food and delicious Pub fare. We offer an all day casual menu on both levels. Multiple TV's in the lounge/bar area - and plenty of cozy booths in the dining room upstairs.
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I recently went with my parents to the Miller Tavern to celebrate their 56th wedding anniversary. I had booked reservations online with a special request for a window table and had mentioned that it was for a wedding anniversary. We were seated on the glassed in terrace on the second floor which was lovely but a little noisy. Our waitress was very friendly,knowledgeable about the menu and attentive. The food was delicious and I would particularly recommend the Sesame AHI Tuna appetizer- we all had a bit and really enjoyed it. At the end of the meal we were brought complimentary chocolated fondue as well as coffee and spiced rum shooters. It was an unexpected but very welcome end to our meal and much appreciated.

1 Thank Elaine M

Toronto, Canada
“Great Oysters.. Favorite Place close to Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My Sweetheart and I live close by and make the Miller our choice for an occasional night out when dining out in town. We have come to love the Oyster selection they offer. Always fresh and perfectly shucked. The service is hit and miss sometimes but thats typical of any Tavern type restaurant. Although located in an upscale neighborhood the Miller is not fine dining. So one can expect a few hiccups with service or in the kitchen from time to time.

We seldom stray from our usual fare of 16 Oysters and then a DimSum basket each. The peanut butter pie is the best dessert on the menu.

They have recently renovated the decor and refreshed a large portion of their menu but as creatures of habit we generally stick to what we love. Though on our last visit we skipped the Oysters and I opted for the French Onion Soup instead. I must say it was devine. They make it with pieces of Beef short rib that add a certain richness to the the soup base. My sweetheart had the seafood chowder and said it was good also.

Its a nice place to go on a date or with a few friends. They do not cater to children .. Thank God. Nice outdoor patio as well.

Will be back again soon. :)

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Large Portions, solid service, warm atmosphere, predictable quality food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well, title kinds sums it up. A very professional establishment. I was encouraged to make a reservation for Tuesday lunch date. I was definitely underdressed in jeans and a sweater, but I think the other guests in suits had been at a funeral - or a very depressing wedding. I kind of reeled at the appetizer prices but we had the Calamari and it was enough for 4 people, so not overpriced. Had the Roast Beef au jus sandwich with fries and salad. Not an adventuresome choice, it was unremarkable but filling. My guest had salmon and said it was great. Didn't get a full walkaround but it has a very warm atmosphere, the sort of place I would take parents for brunch to avoid the ubiquitous TV screen plagued restos, or take wife to feel like a grown-up again, and I guess one pays, though not overpays, for the privilege of that and nice linen napkins and friendly attentive service. Will definitely head there again soon!

Toronto, Canada
“OK but children not catered to”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went for Mother's Day brunch. Food was fine, not as gluten free as they advertise. Also, they do not have high chairs or even booster seats. When we spoke to the Manager about it we were told "we do not cater to children". Just on Mothers Day alone we saw 4 babies and many toddlers during the time we were there. However, I guess Miller tavern does not want families to return.

This is pure ignorance!! This is the 21 century!! I've been to many restaurants in the last 10 years and never has there been one where they do not have at the very minimum a booster seat.

Toronto, Canada
“Always a pleasant experience...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my wife and daughter for a pre-mother's day dinner.
We were nicely greeted, as usual, and escorted to our table in the dinning lounge.
I had requested a table in the veranda, but it was not available.
The service was excellent and so was the food.

We shall return again soon...