β€œBrunch”

Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Mildred's Temple Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: King and Atlantic
Transit: The King West streetcar #504 stops at Atlantic Ave. and King going east and at Jefferson Ave. going west. We are located at the top of the stairs on the southeast corner of Atlantic and King Street West.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Fantastic place for brunch!
Conveniently located in Liberty with a great patio and deceivingly large interior.
Eggs benny on croissant and steak n eggs were delicious.
Highly recommended

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were able to get an 8pm reservation on a Friday in the middle of summerlicious and on Indy weekend!
None of the above had any effect on the quality of service or food.
This restaurant is a funky little spot in Liberty Village . They serve a wide range of items on a limited menu which in itself is an interesting approach. Every dish is created with style and panache.
The Summerlicious menu is limited by design but fortunately had their to die for Crab cakes and a very delightful watermelon Salad. If you have read my reviews before I am a huge fan of fish and their Lake Erie Perch was up to par.
My wife enjoyed Bison short ribs and our guests had the Chicken.
I love the casual elegance of this spot but in truth go there for the great food and wonderful staff.
Plus the bread is Home Baked and yummy plus!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently was treated to a dinner at Mildred's Temple Kitchen in Toronto's Liberty Village. For the most part I am known for my hard to please demeanour however I can not tell you how pleasantly surprised I was with this off the beat and path restaurant. From the moment I walked in to the time I left I was impressed with the staff, food and atmosphere. The price was reasonable for what we received and the staff were helpful in guiding me to my next location. I will definitely be back! BRAVO

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room is big, bright, airy and modern. You see the kitchen at the back. The menu is adventurous and local and seasonal ingredients are favoured. Wonderful salads, great fries, nice "prix fix" selections for lunch and dinner too. The service is generally very good (and when it wasn't - one day when we dropped in for lunch, the waitress forgot to come back with my dining partner's salmon (she wanted it done medium well vs rare as is the restaurant's policy), the hostess didn't charge us for the dessert or cappucinos.) It is a bit pricey but worth it. The portions are not overly huge but everything is beautifully presented. And the bathrooms are,well let's put it this way, legendary. They are unisex little rooms with individual toilets and sinks with lime green corian counters and there was much speculation as to what could happen in those rooms given that Liberty Village is a singles/ 30 something mecca. Quite a brouhaha when it first opened a couple of years ago but now they are just great washrooms!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were intrigued by the name and review of Mildred's so for our final Toronto weekend meal, off we went. The drive from the harbor area is only a few minutes but Hannah drive was one way therefore we went around the block. Sunday parking is free from 9am to 1pm right out front. Upon entering, the sparkling bar area is striking as is the bustling open kitchen with the head chef creating each dish. Our waitress , Maya, was so friendly, kind, quick and professional. My superb Canadian coffee was never empty. My birthday boy husband ordered Eggs Benedict with rosemary bacon while I splurged on blueberry pancakes with fresh creme . The restaurant filled quickly with many families but we were perched above on the side. The pancakes were indescribably wonderful-light and fluffy in a thin pool of real syrup and lightly dusted with powdered sugar. My husband, not a rosemary fan, ate every bite and most of my side order of crispy, smokey bacon dotted with rosemary ,a lovely touch. Our lovely waitress chatted to us about Pennsylvania, our home, then suggested West End furniture across the sidewalk for upscale reasonably priced goods. In a few minutes, she returned with a profiterole filled with ice cream and topped with warm chocolate sauce on a plate adorned with Happy Birthday"! After eating every bite with the 2 spoons it came with , we hugged her and went on our merry way! Wow! (She even mentioned that Ghetty Lee of Rush, who we were in town to see, dines with his mother there. )OMG