“The best brunch in Toronto!”

Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Mildred's Temple Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 9,074 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: King and Atlantic
Transit: The King West streetcar #504 stops at Atlantic Ave. and King going east and at Jefferson Ave. going west. We are located at the top of the stairs on the southeast corner of Atlantic and King Street West.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you are looking for a great weekend brunch place in Toronto, look no further. Mildred's Temple Kitchen has it all: great ambiance, delicious, creative food, and an upbeat philosophy. Just what the doctor ordered for a change of pace from a busy work week. Run, don't walk to Mildred's -- everything on the menu is superb.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

First the not so good part:- The dish I ordered Bolly Colly was very flavourful and delicious but the salt was a little on the higher than normal side. I shared my feedback and here's the response:

THE SO GOOD BETTER BEST PART:- Our server Jenny L. apologized profusely and felt sad that our experience wasn't the greatest one so far. She immediately offered and within no time changed the dish to suit my palate-A BIG Thanks to her.

Then there was this tall gentleman (wears glasses-sorry don't know his name), who came up to our table and apologized for the experience and offered us dessert on the house.

It was their entire approach to the problem that they handled so well.

Will go there to try the same dish again!!!

1  Thank Samarth J
Reviewed December 21, 2012

we were a group of five and were told only half hour wait for a table, we ended up waiting for almost two hours, my friend asked the host(s) after 45 minutes of our wait and she said that it was a table coming up for a party of 5, we were hungry so we ordered some snack and drinks to tie us to the main course in the lounge area, we saw a bunch of available tables so I approached the host this time myself, I said we were told for half hour wait and now it's almost two hours....then the host took us to the table which we saw available for at least half hour, we thought it was for someone who made the reservation....that's why we were not seated ......food was okay, there are better brunch places in Toronto, we will never go back.....service was slow, we had a terrible experience with this restaurant....

1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed December 8, 2012

LOVE this place. Gorgeous, big, bright, modern surroundings and fantastic food on a simple and whimsically written menu. Service is amazing.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friend and I had Sunday brunch on December 2 and it was awful. We were told to wait for 15 minutes, assuming that we were waiting for an available table. When we were finally seated (it was 10:20 a.m), there were ample available tables. Huh?? Why the wait? Were we to anticipate 'fabulous"? Our server called my friend and I "girls" three times - please, we're over 50, and are no longer girls! The food was basic eggs and beans and a cold egg tart. This restaurant really needs to get a grip if it wants to draw people from much more friendly and accommodating brunch spots. I see no reason to ever return. Oh, and as we left, I looked to see at least 7 available tables and yet the lounge was packed with hungry, waiting customers. Please - way too pretentious.