“I have been searching for this in Toronto”
Review of Midi Bistro

Midi Bistro
Ranked #985 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have walked by here before on my way to Baldwin Street from AGO but never stopped in. It looked cute so I decided to give it a try. Turns out it was a perfect, charming, delicious and unpretentious spot. I had a delicious fish with lentils and could not get over how warm and comfortable the atmosphere was. Very European. Plus inexpensive and pleasant service. This is not typical Toronto high end which is partly why I liked it so much. A down to earth genuine French bistro. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went to Midi restaurant on a recommendation from a friend. Just up the street from the Art Gallery of Ontario which had an exhibition of the works of Diego Rivera. We had no reservations and being a small restaurant they are highly recommended. We did get two seats at the bar and enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. I had the mussels provencal and frites and they were excellent. Lots of mussels and the broth was superb with crusty bread. My wife had a very nice quiche. Service was friendly and prompt. By the end of the meal the restaurant was full and a little noisy but we expected that. It was a dreary day and the warm meal was a nice break and readied us for a tour of the exhibition at the AGO. Going to the gallery then i highly recommend it before or after the tour.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is my new favorite. I went with two French girlfriends for a birthday celebration, and we all loved the food and service. The cassolette d'escargots (snails) as a starter was magnificent, and the steak frites was cooked to perfection. We were too full to have dessert, bit next time I am definitely trying the cinnamon ice cream....

1  Thank ReneeQS
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been having lunch at Midi Bistro since it opened. The food is excellent the quiche is just as good if not better then any I have had in France. The salad is always fresh and it comes with a very tasty dressing. It won't disappoint. Reservations are must especially at lunch. The service is a little slow but very friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We go to this place all the time at work. The service is great, even with only 1 or 2 waiters for the whole place (it's small don't worry). Reservations are recommended because it is so small. The menu isn't huge, but everything on it has gotten rave reviews from everyone I've eaten with. I'm partial to the quiches, but everything is good!