“Fabulous Cuisine in TO”

Locale Mercatto
Ranked #550 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: A modern take on 'local' place of habit. Rosticceria, bracceria, paste + piccolo piatti are key menu elements, including 35 wines offered by the half and full bottle.
“Fabulous Cuisine in TO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Mercatto is a real Toronto gem! You can't go wrong with any of three locations spread out through Toronto (Bay Street, Toronto Street, or Eaton Centre). Lunch or dinner, the menu is great - ingredients are fresh, service is friendly, and the wine selection is superb! Where else can you get a Pinot Nero from the Northern Italian region in Toronto at a reasonable price?

Great place for a quick lunch, business meeting, night out with friends, or a couples dinner!

• Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Meal, Great Value, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a great meal - three of us - all three selections were equally worthy of recommendation. Among us we had the Ravioli, the Risotto di Mare, and the Halibut. The desserts were equally tasty. The wine list is intriguing - try one of the local wines - expand your horizons! Service was outstanding - attentive, efficient and wonderfully engaging. We ate at the Bay Street location - there are three locations in Toronto.

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good pasta and desserts, so-so service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pasta filled the spot, interesting goat cheese cheesecake. Service was lacking. Wwaited 10 minutes for my bill while seeing my waitress chatting and standing around at the bar.

Visited April 2013
Charlottetown, Canada
“Dropped in for lunch and will go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped in for lunch after some meetings so was later and the place was fairly quit. The lunch counter part was closed but we sat in to eat. We decided since we had dinner to go to that night we would share some things. We ordered the green salad and the goat cheese ravioli. The salad was fresh, crisp and really tasty but light, simple, perfect. The goat cheese ravioli was to die for. So flavourful but a great balance of tasty broth on rich filled pasta...amazing you will love it. Again simple and flavourful. We did not have wine but a great list, had good coffee then debated desserts. We ordered the cannoli and the bitter caramel gelato with peanuts and marshmallow sauce...skip the cannoli which was over sweet with the white chocolate and just have more of the other...so so yummy..not at all sweet. We will go back!

• Visited April 2013
Thornhill, Canada
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We met friends at Mercatto 330 Bay Street for dinner Saturday night April 13th. Someone who works with my friend recommended this restaurant and after checking out the menu on line, we decided that this would be a nice place to try. For a start, the seating had to be THE MOST uncomfortable seating that we have ever experienced in any restaurant. Hard wood which doesn't make for a good dinning experience. We ordered drinks and shortly after, our starters arrived. My husband and I shared a salad that was supposed to have white anchovies in it. I am still looking for them. They must have taken half an anchovy if that and added it to our salad which was just okay. What really annoyed my husband and I was, that our main courses which were 2 different types of risotto was really skimpy and lacked taste. The risotto that I ordered, had a very small amount of seafood in it. I didn't want the scallops being that I am allergic to them so that made the dish even more skimpy. (couldn't they have given me an extra mussel or 2)? My husband was supposed to have honey squash in his risotto and he said that he may as well have ordered a bowl of plain rice, very bland. My friend's husband had a pasta dish which he said was average and not much on the plate. The only person who liked her dish was my friend, she had the special which was lamb chops. She said her dinner was nice but again, not much on the plate to eat. We decided not to order dessert so we had tea and called it a night. It was expensive for what we had and really NOT worth the money. We are crossing Mercatto off our list of places to eat. maybe my above rating was too generous.

• Visited April 2013