“Loved it! Orrechiette are to die for!”
Review of Locale Mercatto

Locale Mercatto
Ranked #978 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: A modern take on 'local' place of habit. Rosticceria, bracceria, paste + piccolo piatti are key menu elements, including 35 wines offered by the half and full bottle.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I loved it here. The location is awesome, so central with access from the Eaton Centre. It was quite busy. Even though we had 60 minutes for dinner, it took 40 minutes from stepping through the door for us to get drinks, appetizers, dinner and pay and leave! So to our server, thank you! The food was awesome, started with typical please-all carpaccio and calamari. Both great. Then I had fennel sausage and rapini orecchiette....I don't know whether it was my love of rapini or Italian sausage that made that dish an ultimate for me but I was so good. My hubby had an arugula and prosciutto pizza, mom had a delicious gnocchi and dad had seafood spaghetti. Everything was great. We had plenty of time to get to the Raptor's game. It was an awesome dinner destination and I'm sure everyone would find something they like!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stopped here for dinner due its location within the Eaton Centre.

Food was fresh and tasty enough but the poor lighting in the evening meant I found it almost impossible to read the menu (light lettering, small font, dark menu) and had to ask the server to read the highlights for me. Anyway made a decent selection of pasta with clams which was nicely presented cooked.

Liked the décor of the place even though next time I will take a torch to read the menu!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a great meal here thursday night. the food was fantastic and the service was amazing. had the Calamari which was perfect crispy and tastey. then the pork chop which was crazy good. plus we had an amazing bottle of wine from The Stem Wine Group. You can not go wrong here.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Toronto Eaton Centre location is very convenient (close to my workplace) so I found myself returning to take a friend for lunch. The problem that I have is that the quality of the food is inconsistent. My guest very much enjoyed her lunch (eggplant parmesan sandwich). My ravioli, however, came stuck together and luke warm. I very much got the impression that it either sat out for a long time or was pre-made and insufficiently microwaved.

As it was a work day and we were limited for time, I did not send back the dish. I just persevered. The service was fine and the prices were reasonable. I will probably return due to its location but I will go with lowered expectations.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food at this location is good but it is always busy :)
I have been there a couple of time and each time i'm enjoying my meal.