“Great meal great value”

Locale Mercatto
Ranked #550 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: A modern take on 'local' place of habit. Rosticceria, bracceria, paste + piccolo piatti are key menu elements, including 35 wines offered by the half and full bottle.
“Great meal great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a great meal here thursday night. the food was fantastic and the service was amazing. had the Calamari which was perfect crispy and tastey. then the pork chop which was crazy good. plus we had an amazing bottle of wine from The Stem Wine Group. You can not go wrong here.

• Visited January 2013

“Still mediocre...4th visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Toronto Eaton Centre location is very convenient (close to my workplace) so I found myself returning to take a friend for lunch. The problem that I have is that the quality of the food is inconsistent. My guest very much enjoyed her lunch (eggplant parmesan sandwich). My ravioli, however, came stuck together and luke warm. I very much got the impression that it either sat out for a long time or was pre-made and insufficiently microwaved.

As it was a work day and we were limited for time, I did not send back the dish. I just persevered. The service was fine and the prices were reasonable. I will probably return due to its location but I will go with lowered expectations.

• Visited January 2013
“Good Food but busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food at this location is good but it is always busy :)
I have been there a couple of time and each time i'm enjoying my meal.

• Visited October 2012
“Beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I visited the Mercatto Toronto street location and LOVED it ! A great atmosphere with chalkboard walls and a beautifully designed bar area. The restaurant was full, so we sat at the bar for dinner. It was fabulous ! Still quaint and comfortable. We can't wait to return !

Visited December 2012
Toronto
“Great find for dining downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This has been the best place we've found for nice, reasonably-priced dining within easy walking distance of Union station, City Hall, etc. So much seems to close up at night or be geared toward generic tourist food or the upscale business meal. Mercatto has a lovely atmosphere, particularly in the evening with dimmed lighting and candles. The food is very good and not too expensive. The service was very polished but unobtrusive. We will definitely come here again when we're staying downtown and looking for something close by.

• Visited November 2012
Paige S, Guest Relations Manager at Locale Mercatto, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you very much for providing us with feedback about your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. I have passed this comment onto the General Manager and Chef of the location so they can congratulate their teams on providing a true Mercatto experience. We look forward to having you in the restaurant again on your next trip to the city.