“Great just great”

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We hesitated before coming to this place because of some of the bad reviews.
We started out with some guacamole and nachos, followed by quesadilla, enchiladas and taquitos. The presentation of the food was excellent, and the taste, to die for!
All this for under $65 dollars. Great value for 3 people.
The service was outstanding, very warm people working there. We also got a free Mexican history lesson.

In other words, this is my new favorite Mexican place.

1  Thank Roloxy

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday night recently on a trip to The AGO Frida Kahlo exhibit. The server was very good, the food was excellent, the portions were large and the prices are very reasonable, (except for the tacos). Next time we are in Toronto we will definitely go again. I had 2 pints, an entree, wife had a margarita, entree and we had a mango guacamole to start, with tip under $60. This is a hidden hole in the heart of Baldwin st.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Me and my wife were walking down Baldwin st and found this little Mexican restaurant. Food was great, very authentic. Reminded me of my vacation in Guadalajara last year.
Their margaritas tasted great, but they were served on the rocks....
Overall it was a good experience.

1  Thank LondonTr
Reviewed August 24, 2012

In a word, AWFUL. This is by far the worst service I have ever experienced at a restaurant. I don't expect much from the wait staff as I know they have very difficult jobs and often have to deal with unpleasant customers. Thus, I can deal with indifferent and inattentive servers. However, the hostess at Margarita's Fiesta Room appeared to go out of her way to be rude. She was extremely hostile and condescending towards us.

Baldwin is full of lovely places to eat--this just isn't one of them. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Had a lovely, leasurely dinner at this old establishment on a warm Sunday evening. Prices may have gone up since the 80ties, the decor is almost the same, and we found no fault with either the service or the dishes. The fried calamaris and fajitas were impeccable, the flan was an almony delight. Only the Sangria was a bit weak and diluted.