“Overpriced and bad service”

Margarita's Fiesta Room
Ranked #1,361 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 11, 2012

A group of us went here for lunch, and sadly was very disappointed with our experience. The food was overpriced and as for service I think slow is an understatement. The margaritas use to be good, but mine was watered down and when I ordered a wine it came in a cup. It took us an hour to get our food and it was just ok. When we looked around the place most people had already left by the time our food finally arrived. While I understand sometimes it takes awhile to get our food, they didn't even acknowledge us or give us an update as to when our food may arrive. It wasn't until just before our food came they said our food was coming. I was actually starting to wonder if they were growing the food by hand it was taking so long. When we finally got our food and ate by that time many of us were running close to when we had to be back for meetings and had to rush our food. When we got the bill, we asked if she could separate it, but she would not do it. When i told her it would be easier, she said it wasn't easier for them. They also decided to give themselves a generous tip on top of it. When we brought up our concerns, the woman argued with us saying that it was date stamped and was not being helpful at all. After our experience, you think she would of been a bit accommodating but I felt instead she was defensive and rude. All of us came out feeling very displeased with our experience and that will be the last time I will be going there.

1  Thank chrismedia01

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I used to go to this place almost once a month - loved the Mexican food, decor and the service. They've really gone downhill though and I don't think I'll be going back. The quality of the meat they use in their dishes is just awful now. The ground beef leaves a lake of grease on the bottom of your dish, and in some cases they've replaced ground beef with this chewy almost dog food quality beef chunks. Very disappointed. They also increased the prices about a year ago and I don't feel you get what you are paying for here.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I have been here twice, once on a date and once with friends. Before this, I always disliked mexican food because of a bad experience at a mexican place in Montreal, but I thought I would give this a try. It turns out that this place was really good, and I have loved mexican ever since.

The restaurant is small one of the many on Baldwin but the place is kind of cozy. The food was really good, lots of flavours. I have tried the fajita (to share) and the enchilada. The portion sizes are decent.

I would definitely come back again! Reccommended.

Reviewed September 16, 2008

We visited Margarita's for supper, before attending the Toronto International Film Festival, which was a few blocks away at the Art Gallery of Ontario.

We had a group of 13, and had made reservations in advance. Once we arrived they gave us a choice of eating inside or outside, and quicky arranged the tables outside on the patio for us.

Ambiance inside was quite nice, with Mexican atmosphere, and lights strung through-out. Outside was fine too, but would have been better on a warmer night. They have a little courtyard area, which basically would have been the front lawn, back when this was a home.

Supper was very tasty, and everyone enjoyed their food. The margaritas and Mexican beer were good too.

Only complaint is that they should/could have offered separate bills. They provided one bill, with all the food for 13 people listed together. It took a while for everyone to figure out their portion, so it would have been nice to at least have been asked up-front if we wanted separate bills.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 4, 2008

My boyfriend and I just got back from what I would assume is "eating" at this "restaurant". The food was awful, I'm pretty sure I just consumed pet food quality chicken, the portions are small for the price you are paying, the waitstaff is very hit or miss - ours in particular was a miss. They have really good guacamole, if you can get a regular size portion for the money you're paying. We saw a guacamole appetizer go out after ours with nearly 3x more guacamole in it. Oh yeah, their "salsa" is really just Unico brand tomato paste... but you'll grow to love it when you're smothering all your food in it to make it edible. God, I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook