“Wedding celebration”

Ranked #813 of 8,516 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 150 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
“Wedding celebration”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent, very flexible, professional staff!
I have been appointed to plan a wedding celebration for my friends for 10 people with different tastes. My head was set on Mandarin. Booked a table for 4:30pm, however the ceremony finished way earlier. Passing the location at 2 pm, I had an idea to ask, if they would able to take us right away...after a very short waiting the gentleman assured us that they have a table set, no problem we can come right away. Not that many places I know, what would have excepted this last minute change from our side!
The variety of food is unbeatable! The different seasonings, the amount of choices, everyone found what they like the most.
We were able to take the wedding cake in as a surprise for the couple.
The stuff was very courteous and helpful, thanks to them this celebration was a perfect, unforgettable one!!! Thank you so much! We will be back!

• Polish first
“Always enjoyable”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Whenever in Toronto I always eat at a mandarin. This time I brought a friend from England. He was flying home that evening and I wanted to treat him to the feast that the mandarin always serves. This was also my first time at this venue.
These restaurants never fail to please. We were the first customers when they opened for dinner at 5:00, yet everything was ready with the food out, fresh and hot. Service was also perfect from the hot towel you get before eating to the clearing of used plates while up at the buffet table.
During the meal we chatted with the manager/partner who approached us again as we were leaving. She was genuinely interested in how we found the food.
Later my friend commetted that the meal was the best Chinese buffet he had ever had. I have to agree. The others I've eaten at elsewhere pale in comparison.

1 Thank Doug M
St-Joseph-du-Lac
“I'm soooo full”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I always go to the Mandarin restaurant when we come down to Toronto to visit family. It's always busy so you know that the food is fresh. There's such a large verity of choice. The service was great and very attentive. When seated, they bring you a hot towel for you to clean yours hands. You don't have to say ''Did you wash your hands before you eat'' The decor, in the rooms are very pleasant and relaxing. Every time my husband and I leave the restaurant, we always say to each ''I'm sooo full, I can't believe I ate sooo much'' We always look forward to coming back to the Mandarin on our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
Algonquin Park
“Surprisingly busy on a Sunday evening”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It is a Mandarin, not too bad, for entertainment you get to see a lot of guests stuffing themselves silly on crab legs, not my cup of tea.
My first visit to a Mandarin in several years, the last being the one in Barrie. Prices are getting high but again this is Toronto and the amount of crab legs that are eaten well I guess they have to pay for them some how!

This location seems to have poor access to the buffet, narrow entries to the individual dining rooms off the buffet area creating many traffic jams, especially when fresh legs were brought out.

I must say the staff were friendly and efficient, quickly clearing tables of dirty dishes, etc.

Would I return here again, no, cost $30ea (those legs again) and the rudeness of the guests (example of several; one 20 something pushing in front of a senior who was deciding on what to put on her plate). Possibly try the Barrie location again, maybe.

Visited March 2014
Brockville, Canada
“Perfect from the food, to the service, to the atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We are from Brockville and My husband goes to Etobicoke on business a few times each year and I go with him, we always look forward to eating at the Mandarin Rexdale during our stay.
We have eaten at other Mandarin restaurants but this one at Queen's Plate is by far the BEST!

From the first time we went we were greeted at our table by the manager she was oh so very pleasant, personable, attentive and sincere, the food matched the service absolutely wonderful. Each time we go we order a bottle of wine with our dinner and spend a lovely evening enjoying many of the 'delicious' choices that are on the buffet---we have never seen such a buffet before, so plentiful and so tasty right down to the last bite of dessert and there is everything you can think of at the dessert bar, so make sure to save room.
With our dessert we sipped a cup of Chinese Tea, our server brought a tea box to our table and I choose a stronger Chinese tea that she recommended (I just forget the name of it) but like everything else at this Mandarin it too was perfect.
We will be going back to Toronto soon and we are looking forward to eating at the Queen's Plate Mandarin again!

• Visited September 2013