“Beautiful Garden Patio, Great Value!!”
Review of Mamma Martino's

Mamma Martino's
Ranked #821 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Queensway
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ordered 2 pops, 1 calamari, 1 chef salad and 2 eggplant parmigiana... $50! Amazing value! We were stuffed, the portions are huge. This is a very well known Italian restaurant in the neighborhood. Unless you arrive early (5:30pm) there will be a lineup out the door... so best to arrive early! The pasta is made fresh in house and it's so delicious. Honestly even just plain spaghetti with tomato sauce is so delicious you might want to lick the plate. The eggplant parm is a great option for vegetarians. They also brought free garlic bread to the table... score! Try the chef salad, for under $5 it's very filling, definitely shareable for 2 people. Great calamari, we saw many other tables ordering it too. Excellent restaurant, will definitely satisfy your Italian cravings. Enjoy!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit to this restaurant and I was not disappointed. Excellent spaghetti and meatballs and terrific pizza. The homemade sauce is great. The ambiance was great and the prices are fantastic. Worth the drive.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for 25 years. The quality of the food and the level of service has remained consistently good. The restaurant is well lit, Italian music in the background, very clean, well decorated with family photos and plants to give it a very homey feel, just like Mama's. You always know what you'll get. The salads are consistently fresh and flavourful, good soups, fresh pasta with good tomato sauce, veal and chicken entrees that are satisfying. A small selection of wines, desserts, coffees, liquors and spirits.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

This place is so busy and I'm not sure why?! The food is very ordinary, our last visit was our last, no one was happy with their meal

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed April 21, 2017

I felt compelled to write when I read some of the recent poor reviews that complained about the food and even suggested this restaurant uses Ragu pasta sauce. That is ridiculous!
We have been going to Mama's for 30 years and I doubt that this restaurant would be as busy as it is if they did not make their sauce from scratch. We love it! It tastes nothing like Ragu sauce. I usually order the the chicken parmigiana each time I go and it is always consistent. My kids are very fussy eaters but this is their favourite restaurant and they are always excited to go even though we don't live in the area.
It is true that it is busy and some nights are slower with service than others but that speaks to the fact that it offers good food at very reasonable prices. Regulars know to come before 6 pm on a Saturday or after the dinner rush. It is also a busy, noisy spot at times but again, this is not 5 star dining. 7 of us went last night and the bill was $160 including drinks. You can't beat that.

Date of visit: April 2017