“Vile”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Washington
“Vile”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Terrible coffee. Unbelievably rude staff. To be avoided at all cost. Dreadful. They deserve to go out of business.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Clementine6

Toronto
“Coffe stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Pleasant to sit and have a coffee and a read for a while.

Visited November 2011
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Experience at "Lettieri" 94 Cumberland St - Franchise Owners - Lucy Son & Ana Chung”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

VERY RUDE MANGER/OWNER!!!!! I went down to Yorkville to enjoy an evening walk yesterday (July 22 2011) to spend a little time with my mother. We went to Lettieri at 94 Cumberland St (this was my second visit there), I ordered a smoothie. I took a few sips from it and I didn't really like it as it was too watery. The smoothie is supposed to be made with yogurt, juice & strawberries. I went out on their patio to sit with my mom as she had ordered a tart. After sitting on the patio for awhile, I decided to let a staff from Lettieri know that I didn't like the smoothie. I explained to the owner in a respectable manner that I didn't feel the smoothie had enough yogurt and if she could add some more yogurt or milk. She said that all their smoothies are made the same and that I was the first costumer to ever complain about it and that if I wanted another smoothie I'd have to pay for it. I asked for my money back and she would not refund it. This owner was extremely rude and very defensive with me. She said "you knew what was in the smoothie, its on the menu - you know what you like, you ordered it". I was so taken back but her response and reaction towards me. I was not rude to her, I just simply explained how I felt about the smoothie. The situation was ridiculous and it didn't need escalate as far as it had. For a silly little $5 smoothie, this lady would allow a customer to leave her establishment with such a negative experience.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank beforeyougo155019
Toronto, Canada
“Surprise your dates here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I heard from a friend that this place could be a nice dating experience. What surprises me is that the displays are dirty and you can see the whole ugly side of the kitchen such as the greasy floors and watery garbage bags. The food is very expensive when you talk about value. I ordered yogurt, sandwich, and tea. You probably need at least 3 sandwich to get full and for the yogurt I have no clue how come they can charge such high price by putting some fruits on top. I assume the whole thing would cost 80cents to make. As for organic tea, no body cared enough to support where it originated.

Toronto
“Great little spot to catch a break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

What a great little spot! The location is perfect...on a beautiful corner just north of Bloor Street overlooking a quiet street lined with little boutique shops and a garden on the other side. The coffee here is much better quality than what you would get at most cafes...dont even compare Starbucks to here. Sure it doesnt have big plush, comfy seats, but its not that kind of place...think of it as a Parisian-style cafe, simple chairs, a small table, and great drinks. The menu is surprisingly diverse for a cafe...lots of little sandwiches, snacks and drinks to choose from. The staff are always friendly and fast. The teas are wonderful and the coffees are classic. Try out the frozen yogurt...one of the best I've had.
Overall this is a great place when walking around Yorkville. Forget Starbucks or Second Cup. This is what cafes are all about. (Nice patio in the summer)

1 Thank Explorer852