“Best wine list?!?!!!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hands down the best vale wine list in Toronto. I love this place because they have wines from the 60's and they are priced to sell!

Went for my birthday and poped a few corks! Food is what it suggests its a Bistro. Quick and easy food thats priced to be consumed. Its a great place for Breakfast or dinner!

They even allow corkage which allowed me to bring in my 1989 Rose La grand Dame Champagne

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have dined at Le Select for a few years and even back when they were on Queen Street. I have always enjoyed their food and wine selection but I do find that the seating is practically on top of one another. While having a meeting with somoene, the man at the table next to us was able to hear everything as he was less than a foot away from us. I found it embarrassing and uncomfortable as a result.
Food is decent but I think there is better French food to be found in Toronto.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Le Select Bistro has terrific wine offerings for all tastes and all pocketbooks. We've been going to the restaurant since it was on Queen Street West and the current location is beautiful. Especially love the bar where we often eat brunch of an omelet and a glass of very dry, very cold white wine on a cold winter day. Free newspapers at the host desk to mull over during a meal.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Le Select is by far, the best and true French (Parisian) Restaurant in Toronto - from the atmosphere, to quality of service to food and wine list - you just can't go wrong... We've been there dozens of time and we never experience a bad or even average experience; it is awesome, every single time. From the Charcuterie plate with real Cornichons to the Steak Frites and do not forget the sweetbreads and the best Cassoulet outside France.... WIne list is extensive and impressive. The person in charge of hiring deserve a medal as staff is exceptional !

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Met up with some friends at Le Select Bistro for a Saturday afternoon brunch, and I am so happy I went!

This bistro is very pretty and quaint - bright, spacious and decorated in what I would describe as parisian cafe style.

While the menu is not overwhelming, it's so hard to decide what to get because everything sounds delicious! The brunch menu is varied and has a little something for everyone, whether you like typical breakfast fare like french toast and omellettes, or more elegant french food like confit de canard and bison steak tartare.

I loved everything about my meal!! I ordered a fresh croissant, which was exactly what I was craving - light, flaky and buttery. I also had the confit de canard, which was excellent... moist, fall of the bone and flavorful... sooooo delicious - and I will say it's the best confit de canard I've had anywhere!! It was served with a wedge of perfectly cooked and seasoned potato gratin. Even the coffee was great!

The only thing that prevented this experience from getting an excellent rating, was the service. It was very slow and less than attentive - our food took over 30 minutes, and we had to ask for bread for the table and coffee refills.

But all in all, I would definitely recommend this lovely bistro for it's great brunch. I know I will be back next time I'm in Toronto!