“Best breakfast in Toronto!”
Review of Le Petit Dejeuner

Le Petit Dejeuner
Ranked #85 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: King Jarvis
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

This place is wonderful! The food is amazing, the staff are very nice, they serve mimosas after 11am, and they have a beautiful restaurant! There is always a long wait, so I recommend giving yourself 2hours for brunch. They are very good about making sure you know how long it’ll be. It’s totally worth the wait!!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I have heard a lot of hype about this place over the past few years I have lived in Toronto and my expectations were quite high when I finally went. But they certainly did live up to them. I live only a couple of blocks away from here and constantly seeing the huge brunch line always put me off of going. But finally my girlfriend and I found a day where there was no line and decided to go in. The food was excellent. The coffee was very good and tasted fresh. Overall I would suggest this to anybody even if there is a line.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Special of the day: eggs benedict with duck confit and apple coleslaw. Was looking forward to gooey egg dripping down into shredded duck on the English muffin, got poached eggs with bland hollandaise sauce; muffins were fried then opened and put face down (so no holes to absorb the gooey yolk) and a leg of duck confit plopped over some shredded hashbrowns. It just didn't work, no real flavour to bind things together, in fact, not enough flavour at all. Great ingredients, great idea, poor execution. Yvonna the waitress however was a ray of suneshine on a grey rainy day so in fact, we enjoyed our breakfast immensely.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

We had picked up this brunch place at TA and since we were strolling in the area, we decided to give it a shot. It was very popular, so expect to cue a little. But it’s worth it.
I had the Brie and spinach omelette (great) and my colleague had the mushrooms with egg and bagel (also great). Nice portions, not too small nor big. Recommend to try the todays special of drinks: today it was pear and ginger. Nice service and a fun playful and relaxed interior.
Would recommend this to anybody that fancy brunch.

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Checked out the much hyped brunch at Le Petit Dejueuner. The place was packed, so we had to wait outside, which was not ideal because it was freezing out and only 2 people at a time were allowed in the vestibule. The wait was about 1o minutes. The seating was a bit cramped, but our waitress was very pleasant and the food was great! I ordered a waffle with scrambled eggs, peameal bacon and sliced apple slaw. My wife ordered a waffle with shredded potatoes and peameal bacon. The food was served promptly and we enjoyed it tremendously. Would definitely return.