“Excellent Brunch spot downtown”
Review of Le Petit Dejeuner

Le Petit Dejeuner
Ranked #97 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King Jarvis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stopped here on a whim and was presently surprised! We had to wait a bit for a table but that was fine. We had the Hungry Gal with peameal bacon and Waffle Benjamin. The Belgian waffles were to die for and the hollandaise sauce was perfect. The peameal was a plenty and the eggs were cooked perfectly. I'll definitely drop by again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the sort of place I seek out for brunch when I am in north America. This is billed as a Belgian-Canadian affair and comes up on various lists of the best places in Toronto for brunch. Having been put off by a Sunday queue on my previous visit in October 2011, I went back for a weekday brunch and got in fine. I went back again that trip, and also twice this time in April 2013. All in I've been four times and stuck to Hungry Gal twice (the sausage terrine is a novel way of serving up the old porker, and nice!), eggs benny and a croque madame. Every time the food was good, I was able to sit there without being rushed - as I did the weekday post-breakfast, pre-lunch slot, and service was fine. I don't need people fussing around me, and they are there when you need them. Pick your time, and this is a nice joint, in a nice part of town. Two trips to Toronto, 18 months apart, four visits, and quality/service is consistently good. I'll be back.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

A small, eclectic space on King East, is a great find for breakfast. Arrive early (or off-peak) if you want to brook the often long wait for a table -- a queue at the front door is often present on weekends. Good value, overall tasty fare, if not somewhat inconsistently prepared. Service could use a bit more polish and attention to the finer points of dining out.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you haven't tried the waffle here then you don't know what waffle should be. Forget about regular sweet chewy waffles. This is crispy, not too sweet, light and tasty.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of the things I miss about living in Toronto are the myriad breakfast/brunch options that exist. We recently on a visit to the city tried Le Petit Dejeuner with another couple who recommended it to us.

There was a fairly substantial lineup on the Sunday morning when we went but as a party of 4, we were able to get seated within about 20-30 mins which wasn't too bad given the size of the place. I had the Western Omelette which was decent but certainly not the best I'd ever had. We decided to share the classic Belgian waffle and I certainly can say this was delicious and certainly among one of the better waffles I've eaten.

Coffee and service were good, overall we had a very good time and would go back.