“Upscale Dim Sum”
Review of Lai Wah Heen

Lai Wah Heen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lai Wah Heen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 9,166 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas Street West
Transit: South West corner of Dundas Street and Chestnut street. Two blocks west of Dundas subway station. Two blocks east of St. Patrick subway station.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed the dining experience at Lai Wah Heen. It was easy to make reservations, service was prompt and courteous, and the food was amazing! I was particularly impressed with the oyster (not pictured) very delicate and amazing flavor! The crab and lobster were also delightful. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have wanted to dine at Lai Wah Heen for some time. We have eaten Diim Sum at very good quality establishments for 25+ years so I was interested in trying this restaurant based on long standing positive reviews.

I found the decor taste full and the service to be excellent. The price was reasonable based on the quality of product and service offering.

The food was quite good but not the best Dim Sum I have experienced. If I were visiting Toronto and was looking for a safe bet for a quality experience this would be a good choice however my personal preference would be to dine at an alternative spot like the Emerald in Mississauga. The service for is minimal however the dim sum is of high quality and it provides more of the Dim Sum experience we personally enjoy

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful restaurant in the Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto. Upscale Chinese cuisine. Had a fixed price multiple course dinner. Appetizer sampler, Peking Duck, Lobster, excellent service thoughtful presentation. Great wine list.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try LWH based on the reviews.

My parents, who frequently dine at finer Chinese restaurants, were visiting from Vancouver.

When I called to make a reservation, the gentleman was polite and pleasant. He took the time to explain the parking validation process in the hotel. I was very impressed!

Upon arrival, we were greeted and was seated immediately.

The atmosphere is quiet and calming which reflects the clean modern decor.

Our server was very attentive and spoke fluent English and Cantonese.

We ordered the standard dim sum fare ~ all was served in a timely manner. Given the price point, the food quality was very good. A few dishes could have been a more flavorful. Overall, we enjoyed our visit.

LWH lived up to my father's moto: "you get what you pay for"

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have come back again and again each time we visit Toronto. Lai Wah Heen still tops others, e.g. Sea Harbor in Rosemead, CA, Yank Sing & Koi Palace in San Fran, CA in its presentation and quality. It is well worth the money. Go with a bigger group so each of you get to sample more dishes. I cannot think of a single dim sum dish I did not like. As my mom always says, my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Enjoy!