“Classy restaurant with consistent food quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vecchia

La Vecchia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
“Classy restaurant with consistent food quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've gone to La Vecchia 5 times for dinner over the past few years and it hasn't disappointed me yet! I started with the calamari sofia and the pizza la vecchia. The calamari was cooked perfectly and the flavours of the dish blended very well together. I ordered the risotto mare for my main and it never disappoints. The risotto is rich in flavour and has a wonderful texture. My dining partner found it a bit overcooked but I personally thought it was perfect! I've ordered this dish 3 times in the past (in different years) and the quality has remained consistent. I travel a lot and I find that restaurants change over time and sometimes not for the better. The quality of the overall dish as well as the flavours change but La Vecchia has managed to maintain a consistent level of quality in the dishes they prepare. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a quality dinner. I have learned to make reservations as they do have a limited seating area and they do get very busy on the weekends. Many people compare this place to Grazie (which is down the street) and I have dined at both restaurants. Grazie is very good for friends and family in a more casual setting but their quality isn't always there. I would rather spend a few extra dollars per dish and go to La Vecchia where I know I'll get what I paid for.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lillian C

• Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have eaten here before for dinner but never for brunch. Last weekend was my first time there for brunch and I was so impressed. First they had a great selection on their menu, then I tried a dish that was so good called " Diavola". Delicious. Our waiter had a great personality and we had great service. It was my friends first time ever at this restaurant and I am glad her experience was a great one.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Super mix of flavours in a nice environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat and just happened upon La Vecchia. I used to work in the area and would pass this place here and again but never considered going in. Last night we looked in, at first it seemed very dark, the big heavy barn type door garnered a few comments. The place was packed, but they sat us at the bar and within 5 minutes we had a table towards the back of the restaurant.

Service was kind and quick. We got a run down of the specials and then sat with the menu to decide. Waiter came by a couple of times but in no way did he rush us or make us feel rushed at any time.

I ordered the Risotto La Vecchia. The description was "Kiwi risotto with jumbo shrimps and lemon sauce" or something to that effect. It grabbed my attention and it turned out to be a great choice. The flavours of the strawberries, jumbo shrimp (they were at least 5" across) and the risotto with the strong citrus melded really well. It really felt that you had to eat all the pieces together because as separate ingredients they would have been a bit weird. Anyways loved it and my date loved both her dish and mine. Managed to pair it with a nice wine and it really was a fantastic meal. We weren't very hungry so we didn't stick around for desert but the options looked pretty good. Will have to come more hungry next time.

The place was a bit dark initially but your eyes get used to it, and I had no issues with reading the menu. The decor was a bit different and showed they put some effort into making the whole theme of the restaurant. Overall a pretty neat looking place and the long narrow layout allows for several different sections and the noise wasn't too bad. Maybe my only complaint is that people didn't know the bathrooms were behind a set of curtains and a lot of people walked by our tables looking for the bathrooms and took a couple tries before they headed in behind the curtain.

Price was very reasonable for what I had and will definitely be back in the near future. Thanks La Vecchia :)

• Visited May 2014
Brooklin, Canada
“Great atmosphere, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We received a warm welcome when we arrived and were seated at a great table by the bar. The waiter was awesome - friendly, didn't rush us, gave us advice with our meal selection. My husband and I split a caesar salad and he made sure it was put on separate plates. Atmosphere was wonderful -didn't feel rushed to leave or pay the bill. The waiter gave us free after meal drinks! What a nice surprise. We had a great time and I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Taste of Italy in Toronto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

cozy cute place with very nice ambiance, super tasty food and excellent service!
I just felt I'm back in Florence!

• Visited March 2014