“Daughter's Birthday”

La Vecchia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
Description: Take a trip to old world Italy without ever leaving Toronto. Located in the fashionable area of Yonge and Eglinton, La Vecchia delivers the authentic taste of Italy with a genuine Italian ambiance. From the stone and stucco walls covered in Italian pictures and art, La Vecchia captures the essence of Italian dining with European flair.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Last Vecchia for a few years now. We decided to extend the experience to our three daughters. We were celebrating our daughters 21st birthday. Upon arrival we were seated right away as We had reservations. Monday nights are great as it is steady but not crazy busy as the weekend. The waiter greeted us with his bubbly personality. We started with calamari social and the pizza diavola. Great choices loved the calamari however the pizza could have been baked for a few more minutes it was difficult to cut but very tasty. Loved the main I chose linguine calamarati, a calamari, mussel, shrimp and rapini olive oil white kidney bean sauce. Loved it. The girls loved their gnocchi special with spinach in a rose sauce. The sea bass was also very well made. As well as the agnolotti di monte with spinach and ricotta. Although we were heading to have dessert at home the girls ordered a slice of the caramel apple cheesecake. They loved it. We love La Vecchia, service has always been amazing as well as the food. Perhaps our personality matches the ambience and the heart and soul of this restaurant. We will obviously keep coming back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

To be gin with, I was not crazy about the waiter calling me by my first name repeatedly( I had made a reservation, so he could see my name). then he would come to the table and while I was wafting for the other party, he as fairly aggressive in pushing the overpriced "water for the table" which is a $10 bottle of mineral water that cost the restaurant $2. Then we ordered wine, and they brought the appetizer before the wine, a strange move. The food was OK, but nothing special. The dessert was terrible, to the point that I told the manager and he took it off the bill (a credit to him). The service ten disappeared and we had to ask for the cheque fro a while.The waiter was pushy when he brought the bill. I left a tip that reflected the service, and he kept on asking aloud" was everything OK?///Are you sure that everything was OK?", which I did not appreciate. I have been to the restaurant many times before, but is seems that they are only interested in large tables where they can push bottles of wine. I think that they are taking advantage of the fact that this is a :date" place, so their power to push people around to avoid embarrassment is high. Also, as soon as they get busy, they start rushing people to turn over the table.

1  Thank QueenStreetLaw
Reviewed August 7, 2013

La Vecchia, in my opinion, has for many years been a culinary stalwart of the trendy Yonge & Eglinton Area. It is no small wonder when you consider the dedication of the three brothers who run it, but it is much more than that.

From the Chef through to the servers there are nothing but seasoned professionals and it clearly reflects on the plate. Speaking of which I almost always order beef tenderloin and I expect that it will be a) tender and b) medium rare.

Obviously it was exquisite as was the Italian Red I washed it down with. The atmosphere is so unique a little bit lavish and a little bit quaint, which hardly seems possible but there it is for all to see.

Finally, there is an energy not just with the staff but also with the other diners. All of the smiles and laughter make it quite exciting and fun.

All in all a fabulous evening out.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went to the restaurant on recommendation from friends. A group of us had the mussels, the caesar salad, and the orata and the halibut special. Service was attentive. Food was delicious.
Would go back. A little dark at the back of the restaurant, but otherwise fine.

1  Thank Roy M
Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you're not feeling like a greasy spoon, La Vecchia is the place to be. Good service, delicious eggs Benedict, and good value. I've also been for dinner and the pizza is excellent.

1  Thank Maeve S