“Now that's Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Vecchia

La Vecchia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 8,409 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Now that's Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Upon arriving at La Vecchia with no reservations as it was all booked when called earlier that day but promised there would be some tables available for walk in traffic. It was our lucky night only a ten minute wait at 7:30 it was great. A lilttle table by the back no problem it was well worth it. We ordered the CARPACCIO LA VECCHIA and the GAMBERI BOSCO for appetizers. The Gamberi Bosco which are Grilled tiger shrimp, wrapped in prosciutto in a light garlic white wine sauce, served with herb goat cheese this was my dish, it was amazing. My husband enjoyed the thinly sliced marinated beef tenderloin in a truffle essence, on a bed of arugula topped with parmiggiano cheese and fresh lemon juice. Our main dishes LINGUINI FRUTTI DI MARE Mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops and calamari in a white wine tomato sauce was throughly enjoyed by my husband. I ordered the Sea Bass which was perfectly broiled along with a lovely INSALATA ESTIVA Arugula lettuce with orange segments walnuts and shaved crotonese cheese tosed in balsamic vinaigrette. We enjoyed a bottle of Villa Puccini Chianti. Finished the meal with some espresso and received a complimentary shot of a peach liquor. The waiter was cordial, quite friendly and the way a waiter should be. Our water was constantly filled, our wine always refilled. A great night.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank luvtovacation42

• Hebrew first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great service, good food, romantically lit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

A good date restaurant. Dimly lit, good decor. Excellent and very attentive service. Food was very good. Recommended.

1 Thank Chris B
“Best authentic Italian food, great drinks & enjoyable overall experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We love La Vecchia in Toronto!
It's our go-to Italian restaurant!!!
Always an amazing meal, superb service & great date/couples atmosphere!

1 Thank Sherkop
Toronto, Canada
“great food and service!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

my family and I have been going to this lovely restaurant over the years and enjoyed many fine meals and good service. Recently I was there again after a year long hiatus and was reminded how much I love this restaurant. The owners really stick to a good thing here...fantastic menu of all kinds of pasta and fish and meat dishes. Wide range of appetizers all using fresh and innovative ingredients. Somehow they manage to keep it simple yet blow my mind with their dishes. For example...the pasta La Vecchia I couldn't get out of my mind for the past year and went back to have it and again...it's soooo good. tomato cream sauce with pesto and gorgonzola cheese. beautifully smooth and tasty. I recommened this to my fellow diners and they loved it too. The ambience is warm and inviting and staff always knowledgable with wines and food. you \must go there!!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank cheeky7
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great food & really nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really loved my meal here. The kiwi infused risotto was wicked. The server told me that the risotto is infused with kiwi to give the seafood (3 massive shrimp) some citrus - which really works and tastes great.

The atmosphere is really nice. It's not overly expensive and the servers know their stuff. I'm excited to go back.

Visited November 2012