“Great food & really nice atmosphere”

La Vecchia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Broadway
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton
Description: Take a trip to old world Italy without ever leaving Toronto. Located in the fashionable area of Yonge and Eglinton, La Vecchia delivers the authentic taste of Italy with a genuine Italian ambiance. From the stone and stucco walls covered in Italian pictures and art, La Vecchia captures the essence of Italian dining with European flair.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really loved my meal here. The kiwi infused risotto was wicked. The server told me that the risotto is infused with kiwi to give the seafood (3 massive shrimp) some citrus - which really works and tastes great.

The atmosphere is really nice. It's not overly expensive and the servers know their stuff. I'm excited to go back.

1  Thank Julie-Lynn X

Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a silly place. They have good but not great pasta (Agnolotti di monte was a red gravy advertised as rose sauce; Risotto mare had a paucity of seafood) . I believed the hype of the fantastic reviews but was disappointed. The kicker was the service which was dismissive, almost haughty. I've eaten far better Italian in the city. Weak sauce on all accounts at La Vecchia.

1  Thank SugarSammy
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently took my boyfriend here for his birthday. This was our first time at this restaurant. I've heard really good things about it so I made a reservation. I was so happy I did because it was wonderful. The service was great and the food was delicious. He order the Agnolotti di Monte in rose sauce and I had the Pollo Savoia. My boyfriend said the rose sauce was one of the best he's had. It is definitely a place to keep in mind when going out for a special occasion. We will for sure be back! Can't wait to try their lunch menu!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited this delightful and cozy Italian restaurant for the first time on a Friday evening with friends. Excellent Chef Special of filet mignon and shrimp with potato puree. Perfectly grilled and each component on the dish complimented and perfected each bite. Fantastic, attentive service worth 25% - 30% of your bill. This is their profession and the service cannot be beat anywhere!

It is a MUST try!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The food is very good and they have great specials everyday. The list of wines is also good and the atmosphere and design are very enjoyable. It is always busy and can be loud, but that makes it fun. The owners is always there an everyone in the restaurant is very friendly. I have been there many many times and the service is always good. I always choose this restaurant for all the special occasions.