“Wonderful meal but thankful that someone else picked up the check”
Review of La Maquette

Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Transit: 2 blocks east on King from King Subway station.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Dined here with a group; great service, good food, and great conversation.
The starter salad of Organic Arugula Baby Leaves was nice, but thank goodness for the whole raspberries on the side as the raspberry vinaigrette in which the leaves were supposed to be tossed could not be tasted. The main of bison was very tasty as well as tender. The cheese cake for desert was just the right texture and weight, bringing a great evening to a close. I'm glad that someone else picked up the tab - I would not select this restaurant if I had to pay for the meal as it is very expensive.

1  Thank DT-PEI
ladyNada, Owner at La Maquette, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

I shall look into it.

Many Blessings

Reviewed October 13, 2012

While I think the food is passable it is way overpriced for the quality. Definitely a quaint place with decent service but why so expensive?

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was just awful! Horribly overpriced. Had duck for $38 and it was really bad. Very bland, no flavour at all. Scratch that, they poured some oil on it that reminded me of my primary school cafeteria food. Other than that, no flavour at all. I don't understand how anyone can be in business in Toronto serving food like that.

Waiter spilled a full glass of water on me, and didn't even offer me complementary app or a glass of wine. I guess these guys don't like repeat business.

Good thing we were sitting on the patio, cause the main dining room smelled like a funeral home. The decor also looked like that. I'm guessing they are trying to cater to old people.

Not coming back, that's for sure.

1  Thank Yuri K
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I loved everything about this place. We sat outside for lunch with the water fountain gently falling and the birds playing in the water. The staff was attentive and the food was to die for. The wine is a bit pricey but don't let that stop you. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank Travelkittycat
Reviewed August 11, 2012

A wonderful cozy restaurant with great food. We chose the pre fix menu, my guest had the lobster for the entre while I went for the lamb, both of which were very good. The dessert - pecan pie was on the hard side as it had not been thawed! That was a spoiler ending, but the rest of the place with live piano and singing was fantastic. And the service was very good indeed. Would go again, definitely.