“Fresh & Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Fenice
Ranked #388 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Owen Sound, Canada
“Fresh & Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had dinner at La Fenice before heading to Les MIs.
I started with the Mussels, while my wife had the Buffalo Mozzarella. I thoroughly enjoyed the large portion of mussels. The Mozzarella was not one of my favorites, more a whey than a chees, but My spouse enjoyed it.
For entrees, bot opted for the specials, mine being the Linguine with Vela Meatballs, while my spouse ordered one of the fish specials. Both were very nice. They present the fish, but will fillet it quickly if you don't want to deal with the head and tail.
Our waitress, Lois, was a delight to talk to, and offered excellent choices and suggestion for our wine.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

New York
“Fenice is Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

In Toronto on business, I had planned on spending the evening with a Toronto friend who took ill.
I was staying near the convention centre, and she suggested that I have dinner at La Fenice, a restaurant a few blocks away.

I was not disappointed. The restaurant is quiet and charming. The food is impeccable, one of the best meals ever anywhere. The salmon carpaccio was beautifully plated and tasted just as fine. The crespelle were light and savory. The staff was cordial, could not have been nicer.

I'm sorry I did have the opportunity to return. But I will when I am in Toronto again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank constablegal
San Antonio
“Outstanding Service with Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We arrived after a day filled with business meetings, looking for good Italian food and reasonable wine prices. My boss is really set in his ways and wants things he is familiar with. At an Italian restaurant this usually means some pounded veal dish. The maître d' offered dishes that were not on the menu to fulfill this and the result was a smiling, satisfied customer. The rest of us were more adventuresome and were equally satisfied. All in all, a great way to end a busy day.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MemoSanAntonio
Vancouver, Canada
“Consistent Good Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was five years since I was here but I would come here many times over the last 20 years when visiting clients here in Toronto. The food and service is as exceptional as ever! Now, how many restaurants can claim a record like that?! We did not have a reservation, but everyone that followed us did...so book ahead.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank REO-LTL
Sarasota, FL USA
“Classy Italian in Theater District”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was a pleasure to be in this quiet restaurant. White tablecloths, delicious, well-prepared ultra-fresh fish, even the biscotti that came with excellently-made espresso at the end of the meal. Everything we ate was special, graciously served and well-worth the price.

Visited July 2013