“Took a chance and loved it”
Review of La Fenice

La Fenice
Ranked #381 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Burlington, Canada
“Took a chance and loved it”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I couldn't decide which restaurant to go to along this busy section of King St. W. so we walked in here hoping for something good! It was definitely good! We started off by sharing a delicious caprese salad which is something we always order in a nice Italian restaurant. They kindly put it onto two plates knowing that we wanted to share it. I had the veal scaloppine and my husband had the grilled beef tenderloin. Both entrees were delicious, however portion sizes were on the smaller side. Smaller portions = room for dessert! We shared the chocolate pecan torte which was delicious and perfect for anyone avoiding wheat flour. The wait staff were all very friendly and on the ball! Restaurant also has a nice ambiance.

• Visited June 2013

Whitehorse, Canada
“Spicy shrimp”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Visited La Fernice and was feeling for a spicy linguine. I had requested that the dish be paid spicy and opted for a tomato cream sauce. It was amazing. Impeccable service and fantastic good. Highly recommend this restaurant. Tiramisu was amazing!!

• Visited June 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
“excellent food in gracious setting”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went here for dinner with two colleagues when we were in Toronto for a professional meeting. This is an old-fashioned restaurant in the best sense: elegant and comfortable surroundings, service that is a bit formal but very friendly; excellent classic Italian food. The fresh fish of the day, orata, simply grilled, was the highlight, but the salads were also perfect, as was the bottle of white wine that our server recommended. After all the hectic intensity of the conference, our evening was a haven of peace and quiet conversation.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank willowsong
Montreal, Canada
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We wanted to eat at the Enoteca restaurant, but there was no place. We chose to go to La Fenice on king street in Toronto.

As soon we were in the restaurant, the owner welcomed us, asked us where we wanted to seat. He understood we were from Montreal and speaking French so he spoke in French with us (for me it's a special attention).
The ambiance is great, the staff is very friendly. I had a seafood risotto, it was delicious. For desert I had tiramisu, oh my god! The best I ever had. My friend split la crème brulee, which was amazing.

The waiter was very funny and polite and friendly. the best thing is to try this restaurant. Just too good.

Mad

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mad2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

So I went here for my birthday, in hopes to find a really authentic fine-dining Italian restaurant, and boy did I hit jackpot!
I went there for my first time on a Friday night, and although it was a little empty for my liking, I thought I'd give it a try. We immediately were given our menus and the waiter recited the specials for the day, and I was amazed at how well he knew the menu. He even gave us details on how it was cooked - sounded just like the chef!
We were then given bread while we chatted and decided on what to get. One thing you must try is the shrimp appetizer there! Oh my gosh - I have never tried shrimp this good! Another must try item is the Rabbit (which my boyfriend had). We both had never tried rabbit, but it tasted just like pulled pork with a slightly different delicious taste! I had the mushroom risotto with quail (again, never tried quail), but this was an outstanding dish! I have a really big passion for food, and love to cook, and really appreciate and know good food when I see and taste it. These meals by far were amazing and I would recommend this place to everyone! I finished my meal with the infamous vanilla creme brule ! - Just delicious!

Another thing I didn't even realize, was that a lot of famous theatre celebrities were dining the same time we were. Although we weren't sure at first, the waiter then confirmed it at the end of the night! Smart celebs know the best little gems to visit in Toronto - La Fenice is definitely one of them!

• Visited April 2013