“Nice Atmosphere, bit Stuffy”
Review of Bodega Restaurant

Bodega Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #506 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Between Beverly St and McCaul St
Atlanta
“Nice Atmosphere, bit Stuffy”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were one of 2 couples inside around 7pm. I admit I was not real hungry so that may influence my review. I had the lentil soup that was okay but a bowl full of just lentils gets boring. Next I had the goat cheese crostini appetizer that was mostly fancy bitter lettuce. My husband had and enjoyed the Chicken breast entre which was part of the $35 fixed price menu. His starter was the blue crab cake and that was very good. His meal ended with dessert that I did not try. Our bill was $100 and include 1/2 carafe of Woodbridge Chardonnay wine.

• Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic on every level”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've had brunch on the patio and dinner inside - both times the food, service and ambience were excellent. My recent visit I was able to bring me own wine without any corkage fees (a summer special) - we then enjoyed the prix fixe menu for $35.00 - it started with very warm and delicious bread - my appetizer was a shrimp and sweetbread dish - devine and enjoyed piping hot - the main was a shrimp and scallop mixture with risotto and asperagus - again absolutely delicious. The evening ended with some fresh fruit pasteries and a latte.

Being a local resident I have been to many of Toronto's fine restaraunts - this place is worth visiting time and time again!

1 Thank Upshiraz
Toronto, Canada
“I don't like it anyway~”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food is not that good I think...
For every dish, I have had better one...
The service... maybe good, but I feel quite uncomfortable there~
The waiter seemed urging me to hurry up my meal all the time...
And it is crowded~ and noisy~ several people talked and laughed loudly. I was a little bit headache~
I won't come here any more anyway~

Montreal, Canada
“fancy, no; expensive, no; pretentious, no.....very good you bet!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

the restaurant is on baldwin street in toronto and we had never been there, though our family members had. We ate outside on the patio on a lovely if cool evening; the interior of the restaurant in an old home, with two fireplaces was really charming. Thus the ambience is superb. The wait staff, and we met four of them could not have been nicer nor more competent. The food we ate was a featured prix fixe of $35 and that delivered a starter, the main and a desert....and all three were delicious; Apparently the chef is celebrating his 10th anniversary at this location and all being well it will just get better and better, so get there while there is still room!

1 Thank arnaldo
Maple, Canada
“Repeat trip still good”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food was still very good though the menu was a little limited. The pork tenderloin main was great. The appetizer scallops were also excellent. The goat cheese appetizer was a bit small but tasty. Service was a little spotty.