“Great food, great value for money!”
Review of John's Italian Caffe - CLOSED

John's Italian Caffe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Toronto
“Great food, great value for money!”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

To start, yes the service is not great...its typical, traditional Italian. Sit down, take your time...relax! If you're looking for fast-food/service, dont bother...order ahead and take it out.. This place isn't about speedy service. But if your patient, you are rewarded. The food is wonderful. The pizzas are the best in Toronto, and the panini sandwiches are even better. Everything, even the breads are just incredible.
Sure the service is not Ritz-Carlton, and the atmosphere is not new or fashionable...its an old school Italian cafe. Its all about the food - for a decent price. What more could one want? I've been going here for a couple of years now, and I try to hit this place up once every other week.

Charlotte, NC
“Bad Attitude of Waiters, Bad Experience.”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

This restaurant was recommended to me, so I had great expectations and was extremely disappointed. The food itself was not that bad, but nothing extraordinary. What really was unacceptable was the bad attitued of our waiter. True, we came for late lunch at 2:30pm, were told to sit down anywhere, and our waiter asked us about drinks. We ordered coffees, water, & soft drinks. As soon as we tasted our coffee, we made terrible faces, the coffee was jusgt that bad, basically "stewed", left on the burner for a long time. We immediately asked the waiter when the coffee was made, and his answer was (his exact words) "Only about an hour ago." We expected an apology with a quick suggestion that a fresh p;ot would be made, instead of his answer. He then proceeded to tell us that if we wanted another coffee, it would have to be expresso with milk on the side. This was only slightly better, but moreover, the whole bad attitude of the waiter spoiled our visit. Minestrone soup was rather cold, pasta, so, so...
Needless to say, I shall never return to this place....

1 Thank Sophie0811
Ottawa, Canada
“The pizza was fantastic...”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The pizza was fantastic, but they brought the wrong meal first - I should have cleared in when the waiter said something about "dressing" on the pizza, despite me pointing to the pizza on the menu. Nice environment, and good food though.

Grande Prairie, Canada
“I love this place. So much character, great food, great people. I practically grew up here!”
Reviewed October 25, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty decent. A tad pricey relative to quality, but that's Toronto!”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Pretty decent. A tad pricey relative to quality, but that's Toronto!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook