“Enjoyed my meal here”

Jerusalem Restaurant
Ranked #543 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: York-Crosstown
“Enjoyed my meal here”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Been to this establishment for the lunch buffet. Can't go wrong for $12.95. The appetizers hit the spot, loved the tabouleh, hummus, muttabal, fresh khubz. My husband is a fussy eater and it was just perfect for him. Our server was very friendly and attentive. He brought us some freshly made shish taouk, kebabs, shawarma meat and zaatar bread to the table. I tried a few of the main course dishes, enjoyed the okra and bean stews and the kebabs in the tomato gravy. They have other items like salmon, pasta etc but I am just there to eat the more authentic dishes. The dessert comprises of some baked cookies, baklava & umali which was a little watery for my liking. I think they could improve the presentation of the food and it would be a little more appealing to the eye but all in all we enjoyed our meal at Jerusalem and happy they have a venue in Mississauga now.

• Visited February 2013

“I even ate the eggplant...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Middle eastern food is rarely interesting when you don't like eggplant. But since my wife and her sister both love it, well... you understand.

The point is, one of their appetizers is a grilled eggplant that even a die-hard redneck like myself enjoyed! (Glad I'm using an alias...oh to have to admit that in public!)

Service was fine, and their wine is actually a reasonable price for a restaraunt. I found the food a little pricey for lunchtime, but it is Toronto...

I will go again! (ouch, I said that out loud, didn't I)

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Get ready for the belly dancing!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wide choice of authenic foods on the buffet. The place is usually hopping and the energy elevates when the belly dancing starts. Go with a big appetite

Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Best Middle Eastern Restaurant in Toronto”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This has to be Toronto's best Middle Eastern Restaurant in Toronto. it is consistently good, the food freshly prepared to order. Our food arrived hot , very flavourful and the pace of the service was wonderful. I would give it 5 stars but the house wine was barely drinkable and detracted from the great food. If you are considering ordering wine, order a bottle and stay away from the third rate wine.

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Best Middle Eastern Food in Toronto”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

They've been around for over 30 years and for good reason. This is the best Middle Eastern restaurant in the city. Food is fresh, well prepared, really delicious. Always busy.

• Visited December 2012