“Great buffet!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: York-Crosstown
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were a group of 22 people that had the buffet. I have to say that for a buffet, the ingredients are high quality and fresh. Some of the party likened the quality of the food to that of a resort. The atmosphere and ambiance was great too. We were unable to stay for the belly dancing to start but I'll visit again later.

1  Thank tmbailey
There are newer reviews for Jerusalem Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for a little over twenty years and eat there about once a month. They serve home-style Middle-Eastern cooking. Whenever my family visits from out-of town, this is one place they insist on going to. The menu is not that large and the food is always freshly prepared. Portion sizes are generous.

Don't expect white table clothes or fancy decor - it's not that kind of place. Water comes in plastic pitchers.

Service is usually good, although we have experienced slow service on very busy nights.

Reservations are recommended. This restaurant is a big favourite in the neighbourhood, particularly with families.

The restaurant is a short walk from the Eglinton West subway station. Below is the link to the restaurant website.

About those unfavourable reviews that make reference to buffet service, this restaurant does not offer a buffet!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

At least twice a year, for more than 30 years now, I have been buring the roof of my mouth on the brilliant grilled eggplant appetizer at this un fussy, un fancy, extremely tasty spot. THe aniticipation of that sizzling lemony garlicky nutty goodness overwhelms my common sense and YIKES,. there goes my soft palate for another week.

They have their own olive groves back in the old country, and those are excellent. There are no weak spots on the menu but order modestly because the portions are not small.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was our second visit to the Jerusalem, it will be our last. We had the buffet, the seafood was over cooked, the sea bass was inedible and the meat was tough. The humus and salads were good.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you want good Israeli food, there are better places to go. I was expecting something way better based on past experiences at other Jerusalem restos I've been to (not sure if there is some connection, never really noticed) but the food here was pretty boring, meats tough and dry from overcooking, servings small (very surprising), and presentation was pretty sloppy (it's not a presentation kind of place but they could have tried to make things look a little nicer), and service was just blah.

1  Thank Calamity Jane T