“excellent flavor and preparation of main courses and desserts”

Jacques Bistro Du Parc
Ranked #16 of 9,127 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Four of us went to this restaurant for dinner while we were in Toronto. You need to know the restaurant is up a steep flight of stairs -- we had one person who has trouble with stairs so it took her while to climb up. The tables are quite close together too. But the food itself was excellent -- 2 people had salmon, 1 had chicken, and 1 had beef filet. The madeira sauce with the chicken and beef was truly memorable -- it had a great flavor to it. For dessert we had 3 different items -- floating islands, chocolate mousse, and gateau st. jacques (which was the best one), all were good. The service also was very good. We thought it a good experience overall.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I paid a return visit to this bistro based on my first experience and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed cream of watercress soup, rack of lamb and chocolate mousse. My friend enjoyed French onion soup and salad Nicoise with poached salmon, both excellent meals. One of the waiters came to our table, remembered I had been there the year previous, remembered where I sat and that I had ordered sweetbreads. Now how impressive is that! For a little slice of Paris, be sure to visit this lovely little bistro.

1  Thank 27Nana27
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We found this restaurant through Trip Advisor and it had pretty good reviews. It is a tiny place with a smallish menu but the food was absolutely fabulous. Very tasty and the desserts a delight. A great taste of France in Yorkville. service was attentive and friendly and the location very quaint.

1  Thank PrincessMFT
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Saw the recommendations on trip advisor and decided I must give it a try whilst visiting a friend who is in Toronto. On a busy Saturday evening we arrived, was greeted by friendly staff. Can't recommend the French Onion Soup enough - it's a must have. Warm bread was on offer (very tasty), service outstanding and so attentive. It was a warm evening, and when a window seat become free later in the evening, we were offered to move to the window seat.

This has to be one of the best restaurants in Toronto - certainly I'll be visiting when back in Toronto

1  Thank Paulbearuk
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I recently found this gem in the heart of yorkville and my only regret was that I had not found it any sooner. If you want some comforting and delicious French food in an intimate environment, with such jolly and friendly staff, this is the place! Very reasonable place and excellent dessert selection. You'll feel like you're by your grandma's kitchen and the aroma will get you so hungry. My personal favourites were the french onion soup and mussels but others were just as delicious as well. Five stars, hands down.

1  Thank teehee87