“Bit pricey for an omelette.”

Jacques Bistro Du Parc
Ranked #134 of 9,006 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 5, 2013

CDN$42 for an omelette and a beer for lunch was a bit much. I could have done it at home for 10 bucks. I had read that it was a good spot. I will not go back. Maybe I just made a poor choice from the menu.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Friends and I walked to this restaurant from the Holiday Inn on Bloor and had a great meal...mussels, onion soup, an omelette, great desserts and wine. The owner and waiter were genuinely friendly. We were glad we made a reservation as the restaurant is small and every table was filled by 8 pm on a Wednesday night. True to a French style of serving, the meal took longer than it might elsewhere but we were not on a hurry. We have eaten in several restaurants this week but this was the best. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This little gem reminded me of meals we have enjoyed in France. Our first course was spinach salad and chilled cream of asparagus soup. Mains were rack of lamb and the loveliest sweetbreads I've ever had. Our waiter spoke fluent French which added to the authenticity of the bistro atmosphere. My husband is also fluent so he enjoyed conversing with both our waiter and the chef. We passed on dessert, only to have a very lovely slice of lemon tart delivered to the table with two forks, compliments of the house as this was our first visit to the restaurant. I can assure you the next time we are in Toronto, we will definitely pay a return visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

After I had read many wonderful reviews about Jaques I surprized my sweetheart for his birthday and made reservations for a weekday evening in March.

Despite having made reservations the tiny restaurant was packed and we had to wait about 5 minutes for a table to be ready. Our server who we later found out is Jaques son, was absolutely fantastic and ended up bringing a peice of cake at the end of the meal and singing happy birthday for my sweetheart.

Our dining experience was fantastic! Fresh baguette was delish! Their wine selection is very reasonable and we ordered a bottle. I had the french onion soup and the Escargot which were both very delicious. My sweetheart had the mussels which were also very good.
We both had the tenderloin feature which was cooked absolutely perfect.

Wonderful service from everyone there. Looking around everyone was enjoying their meal and having a wonderful evening. It felt like we were back in paris in this cozy charming restaurant.
I highly recommend Jaques for a special evening out. Prices were very reasonable considering its reputation for excellence.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went for dinner on Saturday evening. Was greeted warmly by staff, en Francais! Matter of fact, staff are fluent and comment en Francais to give you the feel of being in France, charming touch. We had French onion soup, a large portion, taste was very good. Cream of asparagus vichyssoise was light, and tasty. Shared escargot, prepared in garlic butter tender. Main course of rack of lamb with crispy bread crumb coating was perfect and special fillet mignon was tender, moist and also tasty. For desert, soft meringe and lemon tart were superb and can tell it was baked in house. Overall a very good experience in charming atmosphere. It's not trendy (would warn 'younger' crowd since most patron here seem to be in 60's & 70's) so wouldn't recommend taking your 20's 30's date but solid good old French cooking with comfort.