“For the more mature”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a very small restaurant catering to the mature crowd. There are probably many patrons who have been dining here for over a decade. The French dishes are solid, classic and not adventurous. The welcome, service and staff are impeccable. The wine list is adequate and not exorbitant.The food is exactly what you would expect in a French bistro. The website :- http://www.jacquesbistro.com/Bienvenue.html is informative. A good meal for two including wine and tip should cost less than $200.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We chose Jacques because of it's rating on tripadvisor. The service was fantastic, excellent but not obtrusive. I had the pan seared scallops and they were the best I have ever had. My wife had the trout and she was very pleased. The great deserts capped the evening.The restaurant is upstairs and very small, 15 tables but the seating is comfortable. We had a table at the window overlooking Cumberland st. We live 7 hours away in the USA and and do not get to Toronto that much, but we will make it a mandatory stop on future visits. Dinner for 4 with a $45 botlle of wine and desert was $250 and well worth it.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This restaurant has been in Yorkville for many years. It is a small restaurant on the upstairs level. The food is excellent, very friendly staff, mostly all speak French and English. Been there a few times and always really enjoyed the food and ambiance. Definitely worth the visit, would recommend making a reservation as it is a small place.

2  Thank Jillyb58
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Whenever we are in Toronto we ensure that we have at least one meal in this superb little restaurant. My wife has been coming here for over twenty years and has never had a bad experience in all of that time.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing meal! I went with my friend and she ordered the poached salmon which she said was fantastic. I had the lamb cutlets which were cooked to perfection and just the right amount. The staff were very attentive and friendly. We also tried two desserts both the floating meringue and tarte tatin which were both light and yummy. Overall a fantastic meal that I would recommend to anyone in Toronto!