“Consistently excellent”

Jacques Bistro Du Parc
Ranked #93 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Midtown
Auckland, New Zealand
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Whenever we are in Toronto we ensure that we have at least one meal in this superb little restaurant. My wife has been coming here for over twenty years and has never had a bad experience in all of that time.

• Visited January 2013

Sydney
“France in Toronto!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing meal! I went with my friend and she ordered the poached salmon which she said was fantastic. I had the lamb cutlets which were cooked to perfection and just the right amount. The staff were very attentive and friendly. We also tried two desserts both the floating meringue and tarte tatin which were both light and yummy. Overall a fantastic meal that I would recommend to anyone in Toronto!

Toronto, Canada
“Great damily dinner”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Jacques Bistro is a small but very agreeable space which we try to visit several times a year. We were there just after New Year's accompanied by our two adult children and our older son's girlfriend. I had the cream of watercress soup and a spinach salad before getting into my main course, filet mignon forestier, done medium rare. Others had onion soup, smoked salmon or escargots (or some combination) as their appetizers; two people had rack of lamb, and two people had an omelette. Everyone was more than satisfied with the quality, which is always high. People had different sweets: all were excellent. The service was a bit slow, since only two servers were on duty, but in every other way this was a great dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto
“Paris in Toronto -- no, better than Paris because the service was great!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Picture a fine dining experience, white tablecloths, and attentive service. A menu where people understand good cuisine francaise. In Toronto, just off Yorkville. I really can't think of a shortfall with this great restaurant, other than getting up the two flights of stairs could be a challenge for some. I usually order fish, because they do such a great job, but they do well at everything i've tried.

• Visited February 2012
England
“France in Toronto”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Jacques Bistro is typical of an authentic French family-run restaurant, but magically transported into the centre of Yorkville. Climb the stairs and you could believe that you are in France – no long-haul flight, Channel crossing or Floo powder required.

On the two occasions I dined there during my stay in Torono, I was eating before evening concert and theatre performances. The range of omelettes and patisseries for dessert were satisfyingly delicious, and the service was very friendly and efficient. The wines were also good and reasonably priced.

Jacques opens at 5pm and is within a short walk of Koerner Hall. And the Bay subway is just across the road making it a convenient choice to go onto Toronto’s downtown entertainment district too.

I’m not suggesting Jacques Bistro is just a place to grab a quick pre-show meal, as that would not do it justice. I happened to be lucky enough to get a table on both occasions and enjoyed well-presented meals and good service without paying silly prices. This is an exceptional place to eat.

• Visited December 2012