“Ok food but bad service”
Review of Izba

Izba
Ranked #4,648 of 8,765 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just an average place to eat.
The quality of the Service is poor, very young staff what does not pay attention to the guests......

Reviewed February 8, 2012

A beautiful restaurant run with love.

Portion sizes are large so bring an appetite or bring a friend.

The schniztel is amazing. Not to be missed. Perfectly seasoned, crispy but not too oily. The braised cabbage is sweet and the carrots are sliced thinly and served with a tangy, light sauce.

I have been coming here since I was a little girl (and am now almost 30). The staff is sincere and welcoming.

As far away from a "chain" experience as it gets.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went here as a family with 3 adults and one child for dinner on a Wednesday evening.
The Pros:
The atmosphere and decor of the restaurant accurately reflects an eastern European flair, it is very clean, service to be seated and served was very prompt and friendly, portion sizes of the meals was generous, meals were made fresh to order (you could hear the cook pounding the pork chops for the schnitchel!), the schnitchel and perogies are very good, and cost of the meals were very reasonable.
The Cons:
The ambiance of the restaurant could be improved, they played dance/club music in the background that does not keep with an eastern European theme and does not make good dinner music. The waitress/hostess could be more organized with setting up the tables for we received our food without having any utensils or napkins and had to ask for them. They do not have a children's menu, however they are very accommodating to make a smaller portioned entree for a child. Not all of the food is truly accurate to satisfy an eastern European palate. I'm eastern European and ordered the beef goulash entree. The goulash was very sour and not tender, the red cabbage that was served with it was very spicy - which is not consistent with true eastern European cuisine. So I would not recommend the goulash!
Overall, I would say our dining experience was okay, but I was disappointed with the lack of true eastern European cuisine. Their menu is somewhat limited and does not offer a lot of other eastern European dishes such as dumplings, patecky, potato pancakes, etc. However, I do have to give them credit for truly trying to do well. I would give this restaurant another chance, but I would try other entrees on their menu.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went there for supper and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of food you get! I had the schnitzel (which is very poplar) and it was the size of the plate. The dinner came with potatoes, carrots and cabbage. I was really hungry and ate the whole schnitzel (most people would take some home) but I didn't finish the vegetables. I opted for dessert and had the crepes - it was delicious.
You get very good value for your money here. This is not a place that will hurry you out the door (it may take a few minutes to get your drinks) but I found it relaxing. You can sit and enjoy your food. The owner was very attentive and came around to all the tables.
This will be a poplar choice for me when I'm out in the west end.

1  Thank Whtibytraveller
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Feels like going to your mother's for a great meal....generous portions and great value. An eastern euro-like decor, piano player and free dancing lessons for customers- You definitely feel comfortable and at ease while enjoying delicious traditional food. The crepes are great at this place!

1  Thank Trav_1111