“I wish I could get my time and money back!”
Review of Il Posto Nuovo

Il Posto Nuovo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Nuovo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,492 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Avenue Road
Transit: bay & bloor station
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My mother treated me here for my birthday (my choice) and it was such a horrible experience that I actually felt compelled to apologize and reimburse her for it. First, the food was not inventive and was just plain bad. I ordered the "Butterfly Grilled Tiger Prawns with Garlic Oil" which came overcooked, chewy and flavorless. My mom ordered the Gnocci which was just as bland. Check out Three Doors North on Yonge St for gnocci that's actually impressive! The server was so dull (which was at least consistent with everything else) and bordered on rude.It was certainly the worst service I've experienced outside a fast-food restaurant! The ONLY semi-good thing about this place was it's location, but with 5 other restaurants a stones-throw away, I would certainly never find the need to return here.

There are newer reviews for Il Posto Nuovo

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dined here with my friend on Feb 3'13.
Appetizer: Beef tenderloin - was awesome
Main: home-made ravioli with spinach and lamb; risotto with mashrooms - for my friend - both were exceptionally tasty.
Desert: chocolate&banana cake - was very good but nothing special
Wine: white; didn't ask the name but was very-very good.
Service was fast and efficient.
The only thing i noticed that waiters though courteous had somewhat troubled faces. That made me worry if there is something I should worry about too :)))

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Disappointing. Was with a fairly large group of about 8. It was winter and the place was empty. You would think they would be glad for the business but the waiter (appeared over 60- European) was rude and dismissive from the get go. Food not good enough to warrant the attitude.

1  Thank HomerToronto
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have eaten at the restaurant on several occasions. If you eat outside on a sunny day you could almost be in Italy. Located in a flower decked courtyard just off 'the lanes' Il Posto is quite a romantic restaurant, especially at night when it is lit by attractive lights. The menu is fairly small, but varied and well chosen, with the usual antipasti, risotto etc., I always enjoy the Asparagus Risotto when eating there, and the ice creams really do taste of those in Italy. There is an eclectic wine list. On this last occasion I enjoyed a selection of griddled vegetables followed by a gnocchi, which was attractively presented in different colours (some made with spinach and some with red peppers etc.,) Portions are not too large - so Il Posto is good for ladies who lunch. Service is pleasant and unobtrusive. Having said that I always enjoy eating at this popular restaurant, it really is quite North American in style and the ambiance is not terribly Italian. An Italian Maitre'D would give this place more atmosphere!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We did a repeat visit here after a year. This is a good, solid Italian restaurant. It is quieter than some and perhaps a bit more formal in decor. The food is superb and service quite personal without being intrusive. We would definitely return.