“DISGUSTING-DO NOT EAT HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of I Love Sushi

I Love Sushi
Ranked #5,592 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Toronto, Canada
“DISGUSTING-DO NOT EAT HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We ordered the rib bento box and some white tuna sashimi. The whole order took over 40 minutes and there was only 1 other couple in the restaurant.

The sashimi did not taste fresh at all and we gagged on our first bite (3 teeny tiny pieces for over $6)

the bento boxes arrived. The tempura veggies where floppy and soggy. if they were actually warm I may have assumed that it was microwaved but since my hands were warmer I'm going to assume they were pulled directly from the fridge and thrown on our plate.

the ribs were delici... oh no, wait, I never received ribs. I got a piece of (not so fresh) steak teriyaki. When I told the waitress she insisted that it was ribs (ribs with no bones, how about that) I took a bite and, surprise! ICE COLD. I sent it back letting her know it was ice cold very politely and asked for a fresh one. I specifically asked her not to reheat the one in my plate (as it was already in sliced) She returned with the same steak in hand, only now it was steaming and grey. I didn't eat any of it, it all sat on the table while we finished our beers. Before they were done the waitress came by with our bill, no discount, no freebies, not even an apology from her. She just dropped it on our table and walked away.

we paid and left vowing never to return. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere, ANYWHERE.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank tabiirani

Toronto, Canada
“Ok, but price has gone up and true not same...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Used to go here with my friends quite often and for example:.... get cheap avocado sushi for $2.00 ( a few orders of them) and it is much more money now and while the service was never amazing, it did seem not as good last time and due to prices, my friend who used to go there quite often has not returned.

Oh well.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Luke242
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible - save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

The service was terrible. We are not demanding people but of we are the only table in te restaurant and the only business they are getting you would think they would be able to refill our tea even just once and we wouldn't need to walk to the back to speak to the waitress. The food was horrible. The restaurant is probably not getting an repeat business judging by the fact they put out coupons (the reason we tried it and lesson learned you get what you pay for).

1 Thank Torly
Toronto, Ontario
“Gone Downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

This used to be one of my go-to sushi restaurants for a quick cheap decent meal, but ever since they merged with Bankok Paradise (new owners maybe?) the quality has gone downhill. The all-you-can-eat menu was cut down and the recipes seem to have changed.

Would definitely avoid this one now.

• Visited February 2011
Toronto, Ontario
“Service is always terrible but the...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Service is always terrible but the all-you- can-eat is a great deal. The I love sushi roll and the salmon scallop roll are amazing! The $5.99 lunch special is a great deal too.