“very good”

Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Riga
“very good”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

it was very good discoverry on Queen street! friendly service, good food and compliments from chef - sellection of kimchi! good good!

Visited June 2012

Burlington, Canada
“Recent Reviews Don't Do This Place Justice”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I'm not sure why the reviews are so negative for this place. I have been there several times with large parties and two for lunch. Where can you get a meal for $6.95? Here. The food: sushi, bento lunch boxes and mistro soup have been very good and consistent - especially for the price. Recent visit ... 10 people for $163 (including wine and 18% tip). Service has been excellent and attentive. I really cannot find fault with this place. Even the washroom was clean and well stocked. The restaurant is very busy with nearly all tables filled at lunch so I'm not the only person to like this place. You do need reservations for large parties and you had better be on time or you will lose your table.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto, Canada
“I will give this restaurant a ZERO if I could...”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went for the lunch today, and it was a mistake. The restaurant wasn't bad for a few years back, but now is AWFUL under a different management. We had 7 people in the group, but the waitress lend us to a 6 people seats and she said, "You guys just squeeze in." then she left. Huh??!! Am I hearing it right??!! My husband had to pull another chair for himself... The food is either tasteless or very salty, and you can see the food is not fresh. By the way, the store adds 15% of tips to your bill, watch it!!

• Visited April 2012
“Tasty Korean food!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I love HoSu Bistro and not sure why some of the other reviewers are so anti, this place is consistently packed which I think speaks for itself! The prices are excellent (where else in Toronto can you find bottles of wine for less than $30!!!). The bi bim bap is must try - its so delish I crave it every few months and can't stop thinking about it until my craving is satisfied (ask for extra red pepper paste if you enjoy some spicy heat!). The sushi is ok, not served cold enough for my liking but I go for the bi bim bap, edamame and other warm dishes. The miso soup is very tasty too! The restaurant itself is a little run down not somewhere for a fancy night out but for a regular lunch or dinner its fine. Mmm HoSU!!!

• Visited December 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“do not recommend”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

During 40 minutes we spent there, we saw TWO COCKROACHES crawling on the wall... Eek.. Food was OK at best. Salmon on top of roll was dry and tasted funny. Miso soup was delicious, though.

• Visited January 2012