“I have been to Hemmigways many times and I always returned”

Hemingway's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemingway's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #938 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Australian, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have always enjoyed my experience at Hemmingway's, I usually sit on the patio on top, they have a nice selection of wines by the glass and they dont mind helping you pair your wine selection with what the best food would be with it. I have tried pasta, steak, but never the bar food, not sure what thats like but all my choices have been great. I hope they keep up the good work.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was recommended to try here from Scottish friends. Had dinner twice in open air patio. Great location and brilliant atmosphere. Very noisy with young professional types. Food was ok. This is definitely not a fine dining venue but a great place to come with friends with a great vibe to it.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great atmosphere, cool retractable roof, and good wait-staff.

We had a group of 12, and we were well looked after. I had the Steak, and it was average. It was what I expected, so I really wasn't disappointed. I just had a craving!

There is a smoking area on the 2nd floor as well...kinda handy, if you are a smoker.

We'll be back.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

There is an outdoor spot to eat in too. Good selection of meals, and of beer. I will go back. Fun location for shopping and such.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in Toronto’s burrow of Yorkville for business and were wondering the street for a casual dinner when we stumbled upon Hemingway’s with 4-patio’s! Being from Idaho we had to at least have a drink, so we headed in and up to the first patio, seemed full and an arrow nudging us on up to other patios, so we continued up, found a table out of the main human traffic. Our server, Dana, a very nice person, very knowledgeable about the food and drinks, witty and sharp! I had grilled Salmon which was fabulous, not fishy nor dry from over cooking while my husband had 10oz NY Striploin, cooked as he requested and flavorful. The patio’s are open year round and I am sure the draw is not only being out-doors, but up on a patio, good food and drink and exceptional service! The food and drink were reasonably priced! We will return if we are in the area again!