“High Expectations, Disappointing Reality”

The Grapefruit Moon
Ranked #1,349 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Gastropub
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had heard so many great things about the food from people living in the area, but I didn't find it very impressive when I had a chance to go.
I had ordered the french toast with fruit, and for $10 I expected more than 1/2 a strawberry and two slivers of grapefruit. The french toast was fine, but it took almost an hour before any of the food arrived - and the place was not busy at all, there were several empty tables. Thank goodness for free coffee refills.

Still not sure why people were so in love with this place, and wondering if I just had an unusual experience.

1  Thank Albion R

Reviewed May 30, 2011

One of our favorite neighborhood places especially to bring kids. Great brunch and terrific burgers.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2008

If I lived in the area, I'd come here for brunch all the time.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 27, 2008

best organic breakfast! i could drink vats of their organic coffee...pancakes are delicious

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 8, 2008

It's lonely and grey on Bathurst St, but Grapefruit Moon provides the little bit of sunshine. Food is, I believe, locally grown. Fairly pricey and sometimes a miss, but generally a pretty decent place to go in a city overrun by mediocre establishments.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook