“Dont even bother!”

Neighborhood: North York
Toronto, Canada
“Dont even bother!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Bought through groupon and decided to give it a shot. Staff members have no patients for the customer. So rude. Food portions were tiny not to mention the cost isn't all that great either. Much better places around that area. Terrible experience!!!!

• Visited May 2013
9 Thank Smith a

Toronto
“A Classy and Tasteful Experience!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The minute we walked through the front doors of Giorgio D's, we realized what a tasteful and elegant establishment it is. My partner had purchased a promotional deal through Groupon, and we were not disappointed. Our waiter, and the other wait staff, were wonderful. I suffer from lactose intolerance, and an egg allergy. Our waiter was quick to check with the chef to work out a menu item I could enjoy safely. My meal was FANTASTIC. Every bite was full of flavour and the ingredients were fresh and delicious. My partner agreed. My meal was so large, I eventually had to share what I couldn't eat with him! He had finished his up, so this worked out perfectly. The desserts, (although I couldn't indulge), were decadent and mouth-watering.
I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like quality food, lovely staff and a comfortable, tasteful atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beachbaby33
Toronto
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have visited this restaurant in the past and were quite happy with the food and service (see my previous review). When Groupon had this restaurant featured, we were delighted as we wanted to visit again. What a disappointment! The portions are now quite tiny but expensive and quite bland. For instance the shrimp cocktail consisteed of 4 shrimps ($15) while the Mozzarella di Bufala salad had few slices of tomatoes and cheese ($16). The Blackened Chilean Sea Bass entree ($38) was a small tasteless piece of fish with burned spices on top. The New York Steak ($32) was a flat, dry piece of thin steak ordered medium but served extra well done (I suppose it is impossibly to cook such a thin slice of meat anything but well done). The desserts, which were excellent when we last visited, have now been replaced by something that does not even resemble dessert. The cheese cake served now is quite tiny and has almost no flavour. The country apple pie came with the crust all broken and looked and tasted like the cheap mass produced apple pies sold in supermarkets. There was not even ice cream accompanying it. The service was still fairly good, although we had to ask for our bill few times before it arrived. They added the HST to the total value of the food ordered, not the Groupon voucher, which made the meal fairly expensive in spite of the Groupon voucher. It certainly did not offer any value. Groupon or not, we will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013
9 Thank TorontoMusicman
Woodbridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining Experiences Well Worth It!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a hidden gem on the border of Toronto and Vaughan (400 and Steeles) and I have been fortunate to have had excellent dining experiences with family, friends and business associates several times over the years and have always left anticipating my next visit. This is a well known restaurant to the corporate clientele in the area and provides a quiet spot for those dinners on the weekend with that special partner. A great restaurant!

John

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank John A
Brampton, Canada
“Classic!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been going to Giorgio D. for the better part of 25 years and it's never disappointed me yet. The staff particularly are very friendly and welcoming and very professional particularly Richard, when you're having dinner they give you enough space to have your meal without interruptions. The food is excellent, and always cooked to perfection and I've recommended this restaurant through the years to friends and family. The prices are a bit on the high side but the food is worth every penny. Our last visit was for our anniversary and I wanted seafood, they brought out a plate with everything I liked on it. It was heaven in my mouth. The restaurant's atmosphere is quiet and relaxing you never feel like you have to leave right away and often we linger over espresso and dessert. A must try for sure.

• Visited June 2012