“Great Vegetarian Restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Having recently become a vegetarian and loving all food in general this was such a nice surprise. High end veggie eating I call it. Great food and wine!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

What a find. This vegetarian restaurant located in a funky part of Queen St. West, has a menu with a great variety of item that will satisfy virtually any interest.. The food is well prepared and very flavorful. It is also quite reasonablly priced. Good friendly service helps make this a very enjoyable experience for vegetarians or for someone who would just like a good meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Vegan food done right. We started with the babaganoush, Fava smash, and beets. All 3 were amazing. For a main we shared the Moroccan stew which was hearty and tasty. The mixed mushrooms in lemon sauce and spinach blini were also perfection. P.s. Their seabreeze cocktail is out of this world

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Oh my sweetiest, most wonderful breakfast—where have you gone? I will look all over for you, we'll meet again some day, surely! I must...go...on...

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We've been trying to get to Fressen for what seems like years as we travel a great deal and never seemed to manage it until this evening. If you are like us and have travelled the world in search of fine inspired vegan food and you want to know which restaurant in Toronto would stand up to the likes of Millenium in San Francisco, Candle79 in NYC or even Le Potager du Marais in Paris, Fressen is not it. The food at Fressen was unacceptable and would seem to be manufactured by a long-since beaten and uninspired Chef that couldn't care less if menu items were correct (my wife ordered a gluten free corn rigatoni with mushrooms off the menu and got what looked like wheat fusilli pasta with 3 slices of button mushrooms and a garden full of asparagus which was not included in the menu desription - the server really should have mentioned the pasta change in advance), and presented bland dishes that lacked any decipherable seasoning. The good points - the room was warm and inviting although nothing really novel caught our eyes we felt comfortable. The tartar sauce and cucumber salsa that came with the battered tempeh was delightful - too bad the tempeh was cut impossibly thick for an appetizer and the batter was green-Ish and tasteless. My portobello mushroom main was presented well but it seemed like everything in the kitchen was thrown on my plate: cob of corn, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip, potatoes, asparagus tips, cherry tomato, another mushroom and of course the portobello which was charred to a crisp and topped with a thick layer of house made chimichurri. The one bite I took of the mushroom with chimimichurri was quite possibly the worst bite of food I have had in 2012. Our server never checked to see how we were doing and we accredited this to the likelihood they know what they were serving us was subpar. I probably would have done the same. Earlier in the day we happened across for lunch a delightful restaurant called Vegetarian Haven was leaps and bounds far superior with bright beautiful food and outstanding service. Go there and leave Fressen for the uninspired.

1  Thank RenoAgata