“This place is rather disgusting.”
Review of Fresh On Spadina

Fresh On Spadina
Ranked #26 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm honestly amazed that people eat here. People assume because the food is organic, that it tastes great. The food is not great. Sweet potato fries were soggy and the bunless burger was tasteless. I just don't get the demand. I think it's a thing where people truly feel they are eating something so healthy. What a fallacy. Will not return. Also, the tables are so bloody close to each other that everyone can hear your conversation.

I'm a foodie, I like food prepared with a balanced flavour profile, and something that is inspiring. This place is sub-standard and just blah all the way through.

PS. If you like the taste of grass, have a wheatgrass shot.

Gross. Just gross.

4  Thank Averick A
There are newer reviews for Fresh On Spadina

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was my first experience with vegetarian resturants and I sure am glad I started with Fresh! I went to the location on Spadina for lunch and I did have to wait a few minutes to be seated as it was packed but the hostess was able to find me a good seat. The service was exceptional with very friendly waitresses that helped guide me through the menu for a first timer.
I had the veggie mushroom onion burger which was very tasty along with the lucky charm drink, yummy!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to Toronto a few times per month. As a vegan it is always challenging to find tasty wholesome and healthy food that isn't just a tossed salad! Fresh is the answer. It is the only place I eat now when in Toronto and I have brought along numerous vegan and non vegan colleagues who have also really enjoyed the food. There are daily soups which are awesome and menu staples like their "bowls". Plus burgers, onion rings done in quinoa and other choices too numerous to mention. Fresh will not disappoint you.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family loves this place. There are now 3 locations and they are opening a 4th at Yonge and Eglinton soon.

It is so nice to go to a restaurant and not worry if it is vegan or not. They do have some dairy that is non vegan but you have to ask for it so you wouldn't get it by mistake.

We've tried most things on the menu and most of the food is great. My favourite is the ninja bowl with soba noodles. I wish they would let you order a half size of this as it is huge and costs $16.

A couple of items we don't find all that great are the indian dosas and the cornbread. Not bad, just a bit bland.

For the non healthy but delicious choices there are sweet potato fries with garlic vegan mayo which are the best I've had and the yukon gold fries with a side of miso gravy. Also, the quinoa onion rings are very good.

Service at all locations has been very good to excellent every time. There is usually a line up at lunch and dinner and the place is cramped with closely dining neighbours but it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant is quite healthy when choosing against others in the area, your options are this place or freshii across the street. But I have to say with long line ups, extremely poor and slow service this is not a place you go to eat unless you have a good solid 1:15 minutes to waste. The food isn't cheap and it is tasty however I am not sure these prices are worth it considering these are not organic items. At the very best it's a vegetarian resto with a good atmosphere simply because of the trendy people that frequent. The take out is a nightmare, having to wait sometimes 30 minutes for one item. I will not be going back even after discussing issues with manager was told this is the way it is. Well if that's the way it is i think i will take my business elsewhere.... Thank you very much.

1  Thank DaveD005