“Friendliest service ever!”

Focaccia
Ranked #3,040 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Focaccia has been serving customers for over 20 years. We serve great tasting Italian dishes featuring a $20 two course prix fixe.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Larry truely makes this the most fun. His friendly nature is so refreshing. Had calamari and osobuco. Both excellent. Very cute little restaurant. Felt like I was in New York City.

1  Thank Jennifer P

Reviewed March 29, 2012

we found this restaurant through groupon. We're trying to check out different restaurants in the city and write a fair review about every place we have dined in.

For this italian restaurant, the menu wasnt too extensive.
For dinner we ordered the gnocchi bolognese and chicken penne.
Usually you can't really go wrong with pasta, unless it's undercooked. But the sauces for both of these pasta dishes were delicious.
Service- There was only one waiter for the family run restaurant. Great friendly man.
Atmosphere- all the tables were full pretty much, yet it wasn't too loud in the restaurant where we can't hear one another speak.
Decor- cozy little restaurant converted from a house.

only tiny complaint i'll have is the charge of mineral water. $7? holy...
maybe i don't drink enough mineral water, but it was my other half who ordered it and definitely caught me by surprise...it's just carbonated water....wow.

but anyhow...great experience and will definitely come back one day...not anytime soon...but one day!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Larry is the best! This waiter; one of the best I have ever had really makes this dinning experience, something to remember. When we first arrived; he immediately took our coats, and our gym bags since we came from the gym.- It was a great first impression.

He then sat us, and was very friendly, outgoing and witty.- He joked with us as we handed the groupon and we both laughed, as we were trying to give it to him discreetly. Larry gave us menus and told us all about the specials. He often refilled out water. Overall he really makes this place feel good, and welcoming.- In fact I have never had service so good , its been a longtime.

Our food came, and it was perfect, Everything was well done, and looked great- tasted even better. Also Larry was the only waiter, and he had a full house, not once person, or one table was upset. Instead they were all talking, and laughing- great atmosphere!

Overall I have to say this is one great place, feels good, dim lighting; not blasting in you face. great service- really good. What a little great place!- Thanks for the great night.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Cute! Decent food. Good service.
Great small business feel.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My colleagues and I went to Focaccia take-out for lunch earlier this week. We have gone there several times before but have never encountered such terrible service. We were served by an older lady in a wig who was very rude and unaccommodating. I am lactose intolerant so I requested for tomato sauce, instead of rose sauce. The lady rolled her eyes at me when I made the request. My colleague asked for pasta w/ tomato sauce on her chicken. The lady put on rose sauce and when my colleague stopped her and told her she wanted tomato sauce instead, the lady angrily threw away the chicken, slapped another piece on the plate, while yelling at my colleague. Let's just say the lady in the wig ruined our lunch hour. We won't be back!