“Casual, good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Five Doors North is the perfect local place to go and get great food in a casual but friendly atmosphere. The service is alway friendly and the food good!
One of my favorite items is the sautéed eggplant with tomato sauce and cheese. It is delicious.
The prices are not the usual Toronto crazy price tag so you can go often!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I are hard to please, food included. I suppose we've been spoiled by European itineraries based on one renown site (of gluttony) to another. We've found that reasonably priced restaurants in Toronto resound of "you get what you pay for". Some are pleasant enough. However, Five Doors North stands out in the sea of mediocrity. Yes, it can be busy and noisy. Pick your times if you don't like busy and noisy. This place reminds us of a reasonable European eatery serving scrumptious food, itself almost a thing of the past. While you're wondering at the end of the meal why there aren't more places like this, you can wander four doors south for authentic gelato at Gelato Simply Italian.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

My friend swear by Five doors North cool restaurant in great part of the city. Will be going back many more times, had the steak with some side veg cooked perfect to my taste thanks guys.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went with a group of four on a Saturday evening. I recommend making a reservation because it was busy. The speed of the service was good. I ordered the pumpkin seed salmon and it was fantastic. All the others in my party liked their meals as well. Good location right on the subway line. Parking is available on side-streets. Our waiter was very friendly as well. I intend to go back.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We arrived as a group of 10 and had a few specific requests (like lots of platters, a bottle of stoli on ice, and while FDN was totally new to us, we were treated like old friends. The food was exceptional. Platters were wonderful for sharing. The calamari especially good.

Mains were exceptional all around and there were ten people and nine different mains. The ribs were probably the highlight - among the best I have ever tasted and a very generous portion. Other portions were varying sizes but none insufficient. I meant that there was lots of sharing and passing which added to the aesthetic of the night.

The service was exceptional. This is not a restaurant for white glove service. This is a restaurant that has a Tuscan kitchen feel. There is a bit of reaching over and pushing dishes around to make room for things and I would suggest that this is part of the magic of the experience.

In a small kitchen and a hardworking staff, serving 10 at a table is no easy feat. Having dined all over the city, I have to say Five Doors North just became one of my favorites and the top of my favorites. Prices were reasonable, food exceptional and service familial and attentive.