“Local Place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Midtown
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Local Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

My friend swear by Five doors North cool restaurant in great part of the city. Will be going back many more times, had the steak with some side veg cooked perfect to my taste thanks guys.

• Visited March 2012

Toronto
“Nice atmosphere, great food, good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went with a group of four on a Saturday evening. I recommend making a reservation because it was busy. The speed of the service was good. I ordered the pumpkin seed salmon and it was fantastic. All the others in my party liked their meals as well. Good location right on the subway line. Parking is available on side-streets. Our waiter was very friendly as well. I intend to go back.

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A group of 10 ~ and we felt at home with exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

We arrived as a group of 10 and had a few specific requests (like lots of platters, a bottle of stoli on ice, and while FDN was totally new to us, we were treated like old friends. The food was exceptional. Platters were wonderful for sharing. The calamari especially good.

Mains were exceptional all around and there were ten people and nine different mains. The ribs were probably the highlight - among the best I have ever tasted and a very generous portion. Other portions were varying sizes but none insufficient. I meant that there was lots of sharing and passing which added to the aesthetic of the night.

The service was exceptional. This is not a restaurant for white glove service. This is a restaurant that has a Tuscan kitchen feel. There is a bit of reaching over and pushing dishes around to make room for things and I would suggest that this is part of the magic of the experience.

In a small kitchen and a hardworking staff, serving 10 at a table is no easy feat. Having dined all over the city, I have to say Five Doors North just became one of my favorites and the top of my favorites. Prices were reasonable, food exceptional and service familial and attentive.

• Visited January 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, decor, and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is one of the few restaurants I go on a regular basis. It's got a taste of many fancy Italian restaurants at a very fair price. Ingredients are fresh, dishes are perfectly cooked. The service isis very friendly and courteous. Maybe not the kind of service you would get at a fancy restaurant, but the waitress sure do serve you very well.
I have tired almost all the antipastos. They all taste good. My personal favorite would be the grilled sardine and the steamed mussel.
They have different things on the menu every week. So it is hard to make recommendations. If you see risotto on the weeks menu, give it a try. I tried the mushroom risotto and it tastes great.

One other thing I love about this restaurant is the bread they serve ( focaccia, or some kind of oily Italian bread). It is free, and you can get as many as you want, and i think it tastes so good that they should put it on a menu.

They do take reservations.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Steve W
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent tasty food, good pricing, fun place to be in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We go here about every couple months (there's so many restaurants in the area), and it never disappoints. If you read the other reviews. Well...the good ones. They sum up the experience at 5 Doors well. No since in writing all the same good stuff. Always a great night out here.

• Visited December 2011