“An interesting spot on Queen W”
Review of Everest Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Everest Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Toronto, Canada
“An interesting spot on Queen W”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had interesting Indian / Tibetan food last week. A very good Saag Paneer for me, and a vindaloo curry for my hubby. Both were nicely spiced and tasty. The portions were generous, and the prices reasonable. It is a nice spot on Queen W.

The only advice is to avoid the 'Canadian' food - which were the only disappointing items on the menu.

• Visited November 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped in at this place to relax amidst a day of sightseeing, were graciously greeted by a friendly host, and led to our table. The waiter, who was also the host, took our order, and returned promptly with our spring rolls and beer order. The beer was well poured and at the perfect temperature. We talked with the waiter for a short while, as the restaurant was empty, and ordered another round. The beer was once again poured perfectly. The outside seating was great, offering plenty of room and relaxing seating. The view was great and the atmosphere was pleasing in general. This was a simple yet wonderful place that everyone in my party enjoyed.

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice option”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The best thing I found about this restaurant was the service. I must confess I expected a more exotic taste, judged from the description of the meal, and the fact that it's Tibetan as well, as I had never eaten Tibetan food before. No salt on the table for my friend, but nevertheless the waitresses were extremely helpful and gave us all the attention we needed.

• Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“bad service, food not worth the price.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had samosas for our appetizers and they were quite good. Pretty much the only really good thing we had. The rest of the food was okay, but I am pretty sure we could have microwaved some sauces at home and had the same stuff.

No one cleared our appetizer plates and when they came with the mains they tried to dump it all on the crowded table and spilled one of our beers. No apologies or new beer.

The worst thing is that this is an "Indian" restaurant that is selling you store bought naan bread at $2.95 per slice.

When finished our mains we waited forever for the plates to be cleared again and forever for the bill. I finally got up and went inside to pay our bill and the waiter told me "gimme a sec".

Would not go back.

• Visited September 2013
Düsseldorf
“Queen St should be cool, Everest is not”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I think we have a lot of mediocre bars and resaurants on King, they are not really bad but pricy and not special. I think Everest is kind of that place. Drinks are expensive and foot is average - prices are way to high.

Visited July 2013