“NOT GOOD AT ALL!!”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is so horrible, the food and service was terrible. They have club on the other side, it a joke. They have a girl downstairs who take your jacket and try to steal it when you go to get your jacket back. Management is awful and so is the entire place.

2  Thank samera R

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice service in the restaurant.. food was good... reservation system must improve.. our restaurant reservation could not be found when we arrived (even if I confirmed it 2 times by phone) and we had a booth reserved in the bar and the lady bartender could not find it either.. very frustrating.... she ended giving us reluctantly a small booth where we could not fit our group (reservation made 2 weeks in advanced and reconfirmed a day before). The music was very boring.. the same rhythm for a very long time....the DJ did not know how to mix it well and did not take requests.. never again if I am bringing guests with me. I know that El Rancho has been around for a long time and they are well known in the Latino community but they have a lot to improve.. there are other places.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I went to celebrate my birthday with my family, the food ok but when I had to pay the waiter told my husband his card didn't go thru so I paid with mine, when we arrived home we called visa to clarify if there was something wrong with his card and the CSR said everything was ok with his card but the amount was charged twice on his card and twice on my card, so I called El Rancho because visa told me the manager from the restaurant can call visa to ensure only one charge was the correct one, but instead of receiving an apology from the so called manager Berta, she was offended saying that no one was trying anything funny at El Rancho and I said that I was not accusing them of anything but I needed someone to solve or clarify the situation; so I didn't have a good experience LATINO PLACES you can do better than that in order to ensure excellent customer service, if I was the manager of a place I would immediately apologize to a client no matter what, especially about any confusion about a bill. So for now I have to wait as per visa to ensure only one transaction was charged to my card, again I am not accusing El Rancho.

1  Thank sorgordita2009
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Good food, service and atmosphere at a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

OMG! This place was a nightmare. I took my girlfriend out to the place to celebrate our first year anniversary with some dinner and dancing downstairs in the club. We get there around 10:00pm. It was us and another couple in the whole restaurant. We waited for 45 mins for two glasses of wine. An hour more of waiting for some greasy food that was burnt and made my girlfriend sick. We went to club downstairs where the bartenders couldn't understand the aspect of not giving me a glass of John Walker full of ice. I hate this place. There are tons of better places to eat good Latin food in Toronto, this is a really bad place to go to.

2  Thank HappyNeo1